2019 Case 580SN, is now in a derated state, fault code 19835 Open Load Temperature Error On The Turbocharger PMW Output Powerstage. I have done all the troubleshooting according the case service manual, pressure control valve (wastegate valve) resistance at 22.6 ohms, no voltage at the plug to pressure control valve. Checked continuity throughout the wiring for said connectors from valve to ECU, wires check out fine. Replaced ECU thinking the internal powerstages were fried that maybe one of the operators tried to jumpstart with 24v. Programmed and flashed the new ECU, still no voltage to the pressure control valve (wastegate valve). Checked fuses and relays... just trying to see if anyone else has came across this same issue.
I know nothing about this system. But it looks like it would have a pressure sensor to tell the ECU how to control the wastegate valve? I guess if that was relevant, the service manual would have told you to check it.
Do you have wiring schematics for the engine. I have fixed a lot of wiring issues that would of never figured out without a proper schematic. Best to follow the wiring to figure out if something simple. The wire that feeds the pressure control valve was tested by OHM Meter or tested with a bulb like 2 amp 1156 Tail light bulb with pigtail connector to prove the wiring can accept load. Just asking as you have not posted much info. Simon C
Sorry, meant to add the schematics and service manual pages along with the post. With key on, I get 0v at the wastegate valve. Been trying to narrow down where and why i am not getting voltage to the valve. I will try the tail light bulb or test light. Thank you for help!
Kind of tied up right now but will have a look late tonight to see if anything stands out as simple. Mean time good idea to use bulb to test but that is with wire disconnected from computer or best use a LED test light that draws less than 100MA or a person could blow up a computer output circuit. Just want you to beware. Simon C
I haven't seen that specific code but Ive been out to multiple newer case 580s and they all have been rotten wiring. The engine wiring harnesses are notorious for failing. The large bulk head connector where the machine harness meets the engine harness is famous for rotting out.
Did you check fuse 40 that feeds the Electronic Valve Waste Gate with Power (12V).. It comes out of the valve and goes to the ECU Controller ( Boost Pressure Actuator 1--- I beleve it is pin #4 of ECU ). That pin should be ground to battery negative. Better check the plug in as MFM has suggested. Simon C