On Thursday I took the leap from a wheeled skid steer to a CTL. I traded off my 1995 John Deere 8875 for a 2006 Takeuchi TL 130 with 2000 hours on it. First job was a little pond dam repair and the machine was wonderful. Next up was backfilling a basement wall in tight quarters. Again the little TL130 was far superior to my old skid steer and the yard wasn't all chewed up when I got done. Today it was topsoil and finish grade a yard, then cut and split two cords of wood from the log pile in the pasture. Again the little CTL blew me away with its agility, lifting ability, and traction without tearing up the ground and cutting ruts. Now I'm left with a few questions though. I figured out the top two buttons on the left joystick control the auxillary hydraulics, but I'm not sure what the lower one is for yet. The right hand stick the top left button is float and I think the top right is the horn, but what is the lower button? Not sure why I didn't do this sooner..... John
clean the tracks out daily, track machines are awesome for certain things, but I have seen many frozen up in the winter, or broken from not cleaning the carriage daily and filling full of mud, in the winter or doing demo my wheel machine with no air tires gets the nod, once cut a 1200 track 2 hours into a demo job....that sucked. Enjoy though, they do great for you have mentioned!