Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1979 Bobcat 630

bkelley ยท 2014-11-09 13:41

I had the lines all sucked out, I put a used pump in the bobcat and everything was working great, went to change a front axle seal got everything put back together and started the machine now the bucket doesn't want to curl, flatten or lift up and down. I don't believe changing a front axle seal has anything to do with the bucket but, thought I would mention it just in case. Any thoughts, suggestions to try, possible fixes, anything.

Replies5
  1. #1willie592014-11-09 13:57

    Welcome to HEF bkelley. :drinkup Have you checked to make sure you haven't engaged the auxiliary hydraulics?

  2. #2bkelley2014-11-09 14:11

    THANKS! No, I have not checked that. Honestly, I have not had it that long and I don't know much about Bobcats in general. I don't even know how to engage or disengage the auxiliary hydraulics. How do you engage or disengage the auxiliary hydraulics? Thanks!

  3. #3willie592014-11-09 14:18

    Well, in all honesty, I don't have experience with the 630. However, with most Bobcats of that vintage, the aux hydraulics are engaged by moving the right drive stick either to the left or right as opposed to moving lever fwd/rev for drive function. Pull the lever toward your right leg, or push it away, I can't recall exactly which direction.

  4. #4bkelley2014-11-09 14:29

    Thanks again. I have never been in the Bobcat myself as I physically can't get in it do to a disability. My brother is the one that does most of the work and driving of the Bobcat. I called him and he said there was a lever in there of some kind. If that is not it I will have him try the drive stick. Knowing my luck that is not it but, I really hope it is that easy. I'll post back and let you know when he gets off work. Thanks again, you've at the least given me some hope.

  5. #5bkelley2014-11-09 18:06

    It was just that easy. You're the man. Thanks a lot! Drive stick to the right is engaged.