Whats your opinion on them? They are great if you like to dig thru a mass of tools in the bottom of the bag or lose expensive tools when they fall out of the pockets...the zippers are a pita, never get used and the bag gets filled with debris. Many of the tech bags are nice, although job specific. I find them good for 1 or a few things, fall arrest harness is in one, hammer drill in another, my pex tools just ended up in another after I cut the useless pockets out of the inside. Ed
I keep 2 of the $5 ones in the truck. When I walk away from the truck to fix something remote, I stuff what I think I will need in there. When I take something apart that I am coming back to reassemble later, I put the pieces, parts, and fasteners in the other bag. Then, when it gets full of the parts that the last few things I worked on were better off without, I dump them in a bucket, box, or other container.
If you sweep the parts off your bench or papers off your desk into a box or bag then let it set for 6 months to a year. If you have not cared about anything in there in that time just throw it away, you did not need it anyway.
Nah, I just push the box further back, just because I don't need it, doesn't mean I won't need it. Then, if I could just find it....
Nope. Not doing it.
Have no choice but to work out of toolbags where I am. Beehive is one brand that is very well put together. Pricey but they have no zips to fail on them and will keep your tools dry. we make lightweight frames and slip them in so they don’t lose their shape
I have some because they were given to me. One has ratchet straps and stays in my truck. Another is my go anywhere tool kit I put together. (Wrench set, 1/2" drive set, basic pliers and crescent wrench). That bag also stays in my truck, but gets shifted to whatever piece of equipment I'm running for the day. I like the compact size of it, but it's a pain digging tools out, and I just noticed a hole in it. The bag is fairly heavy and I suppose 5 years of bouncing around in trucks and tractors is plenty for it. I will probably switch that to a portable steel box when it gives up the ghost.
You guys need to post a pic of these tool bags. I am starting to see each of you in a different light.
I use a little "doctor bag" that I grab off the truck with pliers, crescent wrenches, screw drivers, volt meters and the like which is all worn out with a big hole in the side and leaves a trail of small tools from the truck to the machine.
It’s not a purse. It’s a European man satchel!
As far as the actual question- I’ve got one that some tool came with and I keep some odds and ends in my pickup. On my service truck I have a Home Depot plastic tool carrier I use if I’ve got to hike in the woods to get to a machine. Think it cost $5.
I do the same thing, have a Festool tote thats kept empty, grab it, toss in whats needed and go. Ed
I knew an old Swiss man who carried a purse like that, but he spent WWII fighting the Nazis, so I think he was all right.
I’m wondering how many pairs of shoes I would find in you alls closet.
I have 2 one has all the basics the other has a 3/8 socket set and some 1/2 sockets.If its iust once in a while bags are ok but if its every day there not ideal. I am going to find something diffrent as soon as i have time. Its to hard to find stuff and to tell if you have every thing when your done.
I can see why your wife pays you all that attention. Stylin' like you are, and have that euro look going on. I, for one, am impressed. I never figured a Okie mechanic for the stylish dresser you are, but I guess that's what assuming gets you. Going for the "man bun" next? I hear they are quite popular.
Yer just jealous!
Four pairs: steel toe boots, muck boots, steel toe hiking boots and cowboy boots.
I know I don't look that good in black stretchy pants. Before I was married and knew better, I rocked a set of Key striped bib overalls. I was forbidden them after marriage, fortunately we were married before she saw me in them, or my children probably wouldn't exist. If she goes blind in our old age, this is your flash forward look at 'crane operator' style in 2050:
It seems most I have run into that wear bibs have prolific flatulate-lance, and have the need to air themselves out and they usually walk like their looking for a restroom. Kind of like a penguin in a hurry. Now about those tool bags-a five gallon bucket works for me.
For what? Carrying your spatula?
I have a canvas zip open bag I used for oil samples. It carries the tubing, vampire, box knife and a pen with however many kits I need per machine. The only bibs I wear say Helly Hanson and you pay a price for passing gas in one of those.
I like my Hazet cantilever boxes. A galvanized bucket works for odd stuff,it catches hot rod stubbs and i can dump whatevers in it and bail water to put out what ever has decided to ignite on me.
Just found, pics of John C. on the job last winter.
Yes as a mater of fact AKA Count Spatula.
A bit of gas in that and you would have a red Michelin man
This is one of my toolbags, I’m a rough operator so the sockets and that often get put back in with the anti-rust proofing still dripping off them. My co-worker is a lot neater, use his as an example of how it should be done.
Gas in that suit and a spark would make for a flight like a sky rocket on the forth of July.
I feel relieved! LOL
Paris Hilton says "That's Hot!"
these work for me .and don't cost anything
USED or leftover plastic bucket, cardboard boxes, I do have a few old tote boxes but the ONLY tools in a Tool Bag here are my DeWalt cordless tools and chargers, easier to throw in a bag and that in pickup bed. All in One place. Vetech must have a thing for shoes? I have good New Balance tennis shoes(Grey and Black pairs), 2 pair of dress shoes(Black and Brown), Comp Toe work boots when I work and riding boots for on the bike.
I have thought about getting some bibs because i suffer with the genetic disorder noassatall witch makes it difficult to keep pants up. My dad has started wearing suspenders.
That's ok just don't combine a belt with suspenders-wearing both tells everyone you don't trust your pants. Noassatall has been diagnosed in 95% of the male population.
Used to be infected with that Quit smoking and it grew back with a vengeance
It's good thing no women have seen this thread--------------------------------------------Tool Bags?
Had a Guard at the plant, nicest African American fella, his own brother worked in the Stores department, NEITHER could pronounce 'R'. We are coming into the plant of a day shift, a great deal of the secretarial force and female techs were also when in his typical Booming Voice we ALL Hear Webb speak to a gal outside the xray belt machine, " Ma'am I need to see inside you Puss", she said Huh? and he repeated, ROOM Went DEATH Silent, from the security Shift Super's office came "HANDBAG Webb HAND BAG"!! Gal was NOT offended, she grew up with Webb, we all worked with him A LOT and from that day forward if a Woman saw a puzzled look on his face they would ask if needed to see in their Hand BAG!!
I like these Klein bags the sparkys use. Easy to attach a rope for working at height.
We called them Feed Bags, canvas, weighted at bottom, can push down to collapse them to get to tools. Used them working on scaffold.
I'm partial to five gallon buckets and the whole string theory for working at heights, anything else and I have a personal assistant to get me tools and keep track of them and also put them back for me as well, she also cooks, cleans and answers the phone. When the kids and help show up, that's usually the last time I see or know where my tools are anyhow, can't imagine a bag would help much with that issue though.
HEY! If any of you guys want to be cool like me, here's your chance!
My wife uses the dewalt bag that tools come in for a purse, much cheaper than a purse, lasts longer and most thieves don't even think about anyone using those to put a wallet or checkbook in. The only downside is, you have to make sure you have right dewalt bag when go to grab your power tool bag with the impact driver, batteries and charger in, or else when you get to where your going and open it up to work, you find you have a wallet and checkbook and a whole bunch of women's junk in the wrong bag. But if your 40 miles away and in a hurry when you figure this out.............is the reason why you have so many sets of dewalt stuff to choose from, you just take the wallet and checkbook and go buy another set of power tools that comes in the nice new bag, hence the reason why she keeps getting new "sporty" purse's all the time.
I went on a trip and thought i mite have to stay overnight so i took a change of cloths in a plastic walmart bag. The only motel i found was a very fancy place were i had to walk though the lobby to get to a room. I felt funny about carrying in my cloths in a plastic bag so i dumped the tools out of one of my tool bags and put my cloths in it.