Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Toolcat 5600 overheat

ebfontana ยท 2023-09-03 16:11

Was using a toolcat 5600 in 90 plus degree weather. Machine flashed a code, started to overheat rapidly. I shut machine down, it had leaked coolant (I believe). I let machine cool, restarted it drove it for roughly 4 minutes, no overheating, no fluid leaks. My question is, is there a safety fluid release for this machine?

Replies1
  1. #1Dump truck Guy2023-09-04 11:01

    If this helps you may want to look here. We have a couple of those and on a 2012 model intrem tier 4 model there is a 5-6 block wire connector located between the 2 seats that rubbed wires to ground and would send a false hot signal also. We would run the machine for a short while and the temp would rapidly raise due to this grounding the temp sensor out. I know its not the question you asked but it may be worth looking at also.