Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tooth Flex Pin Install

digginitdeep ยท 2021-12-17 08:53

It was time to replace my bucket teeth got the pins out easy and 3 new ones back on but have a problem getting the last pin in. This is a small 18 inch bucket and not much room to work with to get the pins in. Anyone got any tips to make it easier to install the the flex pins? I have been trying for hours and hours with no luck! Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1Tags2021-12-17 19:35

    I've had decent success with this... https://www.amazon.com/Removal-Inst...H4GXTMR/ref=pd_lpo_1?pd_rd_i=B08H4GXTMR&psc=1 But to be honest, I got rid of buckets with those style teeth a long time ago, I found the pins fell out a lot and the Shanks would also break right where the pin goes through. I know this isn't a feasible option for most because of the cost of replacing the teeth or a buying an entirely new bucket.

  2. #2Canadian_digger2021-12-17 20:34

    I squeeze them with a pair of vice grips and then lightly tap on the vice grips. Last little bit I use a long punch on an angle and hit it with a hammer.

  3. #3AzIron2021-12-17 22:57

    Buy the pin tool I can change 7 shanks on a 3 foot bucket in 5 minutes You have to watch for bend in the flex pins if they have been uses once if they are bent replace them I can usually get 2 set of teeth to one retainer pin