I have been using my Cat 307B without any problems. Then, today I started it up and engaged the hydraulics and tried to raise the boom and nothing happened. I tried other hydraulics and they seemed to work, but more slowly than usual. So, I held the main boom to the up position and after 5-10 seconds engaging the up motion, it started to move slowly upward. I recreated the situation by disengaging the hydraulics and rengaging the hydraulics and the same thing would happen. The main boom wouldn't move initially and then it would slowly come to life. When I try to push down on the main boom and raise the machine, it lifts it a little then stops. If i add some second boom input, the main boom comes back to life and raises the machine no problem. When disengaging the hydraulics, the pump makes a loud noise that I don't remember hearing for a few seconds and then it stops. Also, a few times when re-engaging the hydraulics, the machine kinds jumps a little. None of this has happened before and just all of the sudden started. Machine even tracks strangly. You can't smoothly turn the machine a little left or right while driving.. it's kinda all or nothing and thus drives very jerky. Thanks for the help!
No replies yet.