I was wondering the top tonnage paving days for you guys. while paving on a 2 lane state road we laid 3112 tons of top,using 50 triaxles and running 12 hours. the road was open so we had to deal with traffic and other things. now i`m in business for myself 200 tons is enough for me.
when i was driving for a paving contractor , the most that sticks out in my head was running binder in a new development , its was a little under 600 ton with 6 trucks running the three company tri axles and three ten wheelers from the company that we were paving for.....on a "normal" day we did around 275 to 300ton a day
Hi all, One day we laid 3500tns of binder. The plant owner came out the next day to see the job. He was pleased and told us the plant was operating at close to its maximum out put. We generally averaged around 2500tns. Telescooper
We usually put down a max of 500-700 tons a day depending on the job. No we're lucky if we get 20 tons to put down..
I was the project engineer/ inspector for the day back in 1988 - 6471 tons of base in 15 hours with 1 paver, 2 rollers and about 8 - 50 ton flowboy tractor / trailers. Once the company owner realized we could set a record (supposedly a national record at the time), he shut down the other crews hauling from the plant and shipped all the production to our paver. They came out and took our photograph the next next day. Found the photo today but couldn't find the last ticket of the day that I saved as a souvenir. We started hauling in the morning from full storage silos and by the end of the day, right out of the drum
Our top day was back in the late 90's and we pushed in somewhere around 5,300 tons of deep strength base in a subdivision. The our supplier have us a plaque for that one. Blaw-Knox track paver and 10 tri-axles with pups. I think we got a letter from Blaw-know for that one also.
I'm new to this site and figured I would chime in. I worked for a company out of Selma,Ca and in either 98' or 99' we put down over 10,000 tons in 8 hrs. We had around 70 bottom dumps running and pulled material out of 3 plants. Back then I ran screed for them. We regularly put down 5,000 tons a day. Today We put down on average 450 tons/hr. The city,county and state have steeper regulations which limits our daily production.
On surface we put down 3,300 tons in one 10hr day with 35 trucks and hauling 30mi away. With binder I think it was 3,700 tons with 40 trucks hauling 40mi in a 10hr day.