Hello all, just a small familly business in OZ and run Cat Graders. A current job we are doing envolves grading a 2km grid pattern(the diagonal lines as well) over a property of about 100k acres. Its for stock fencing and watering etc. The country is mostly flat but the surface is rough with heavy grass and swamp. Dozer is clearing ahead of us for the timber. The problem I am having is that I am trying to follow Garmin Montana 650 to grade bettween points and am expected to be perfectly straight bettween the 2km points(and grade clean in 1 cut). Q. Can my Topcon system 5 with GPS, navigate bettween the points on the grid better than hand held GPS and in what format has the information got to be to the load into the Grader? Elevation isn't that important as I can grade manually if I could just follow the course better I hope to improve the accuracy of the lines. I currently have mapped routes bettween the points on Garmin BASE CAMP program, will this help? Cheers.
No replies yet.