Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Topkick 1993 electronic hydraulic parking brake to Manual Lever

frank@signsfors ยท 2020-10-08 04:46

I have a 1993 Topkick(366) with constant problems with the electronic hydraulic parking brake. I may be able to fix it, but I would rather replace it with a manual lever and have a simpler system. I THINK the Topkick used a manual system (lever, cable?) on some years. Can I buy these parts (Salvage or New) and replace the entire system? What years have a manual system, what parts need to be replaced, what mods are needed (hole drilling in the firewall for the cable?) Anybody know??

Replies2
  1. #1Delmer2020-10-09 11:29

    Up till 90 or 91 they had the cable to the driveshaft brake. I'd think you'd need a friendly junkyard that will let you take all the parts off one with the same transmission you have. The transmission is what's going to be the trick, in my guess.

  2. #2mitch5042020-10-09 11:59

    What he said.