Could someone help me figure out what steering tires I need? I have 11rx22.5 and I want something wider without changing wheels.
315/80 22.5 They are almost 2 inches wider, and are approved for 8.25 rims. Lots of wider choices, if you by new wheels.
Thanks, I have a set of floats but they don't work with my hubs,hits the brake chamber before they get on far enough, I don't know what to change to make it work.
You need a different set of rims for your floats. The offset is wrong for your truck. The 315s will give you 1.85 inches more width, and essentially the same height, on the same rims as your 11rs.
Do you know where I might find the right rims, used for a '74 Dodge c 900?
I might just go with the 315's though
There is also 295/80R22.5
The 295s are only 5/8 of an inch wider than his 11rs. You can get different offsets in new rims, and I actually have a bunch of different ones, because I don't pass any up. You can't order truck rims, by year and model. You have to know whether you have Daytons, Budds, or Hub pilots. (They did make hub pilots back then, I had a '68 Chevy dumptruck with them.) Then, measure the offset of what you have and see what you need.