Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Torjan 2000 transmission check and fill location

curtisprc · 2023-11-21 08:57

I have a 70's trojan 2000 wheel loader, I bought it fairly cheap. It runs good, but I want to check transmission fluid and not sure where is located or what type to use. Any help on this would be awesome!! Thanks in advance gentlemen!!

Replies5
  1. #1Rustyfender2023-11-21 09:22

    On my 2000, it has a dipstick at the front to the right of the driveshaft. I know that you have to keep it full. I use dextron II. It is an Allison

  2. #2curtisprc2023-11-21 09:50

    Ok thanks, I believe the previous owner was using transmission fluid as well. I know some older units call for regular engine oil, I just wanted to be sure.

  3. #3Rustyfender2023-11-21 10:48

    I think you can use either. Does your loader have an Allison or a Clarke tranny? I also had another loader with an Allison, it had 2 taps on the front, 1 above the other, top one was full mark, other was low mark when you opened the tap to check level.

  4. #4curtisprc2023-11-21 14:16

    I'm not sure which transmission is in the unit, I asked the previous owner and he's unsure as well.

  5. #5Rustyfender2023-11-21 15:21

    On the side of transmission, looking at the bottom there should be a tag, saying Allison, model likely a tt-2241-1. If it’s an Allison.