Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Torque Cover S60 Genie

Bob Reese ยท 2022-10-21 20:10

I have a S60 Genie and all of a sudden the cover on the Torque Hub blew out...and suggestions as to why?

Replies7
  1. #192U 34062022-10-21 20:35

    Check the drive motor seal.

  2. #292U 34062022-10-21 20:37

    If the seal's blown, send the motor out to get checked because I have my doubts normal motor case pressure would be enough to blow the hub cover apart.

  3. #303hdrk2022-10-23 21:24

    Or if the planetaries turned into a coffee grinder...

  4. #4Bob Reese2022-11-05 17:24

    Thank you guys for your input...the seal is defanatly blown, as close as I an tell the planetary gears look ok, is it possible to just reseal the motor and replace the cover?

  5. #592U 34062022-11-05 18:26

    You can try but if the motor is worn out and bypassing excessively it'll likely blow the seal out again.

  6. #6Bob Reese2022-11-05 19:26

    I've pulled the motor, gears seem ok in the hub...if I reseal the motor, how can I tell if the motor is worn out?

  7. #7Txhayseed2022-11-07 22:25

    Case drain test. Worn drive motor will bypass through case drain more than it " should or compared to a known good wheel motor " . Or let a shop put on a test bench and you will get a definitive answer.