My 6036 skytrak was running, then slowed down and died. it would crank and then die in a few seconds and now won't start at all. checked fuel and is half full. changed an inline filter that someone had installed and have not been able to get it primed back up.
What engine is in it and how old is it ? Mechanical injection or common rail ?
I had something similar happen with my SkyTrak 6036 with the 4 cyl Cummins engine. The engine sometimes dies when moving at low throttle up hill and won't restart. What I had to do each time was to bleed the injectors. I found that with the ignition off, you can just unscrew the injector a turn or so and then crank the engine until some fuel comes out and screw them back in. I do all four injectors one at a time. I have yet to find the perfect wrench for loosening/tightening the injectors, however.
Ok to get you out of a pinch, but if it’s a common rail fuel system it’s recommended not to crack the fuel lines to bleed the system. Rail pressures on those can sometimes exceed 20,000 psi usually not during cranking but still a safety precaution. If it’s not a common rail in your constantly having to bleed the fuel system you’re probably taking on air somewhere in the system if it’s a common rail and you’re having to bleed the system still could be air or you could be losin rail pressure either through the injectorsOr the rail relief valve some test that have to be done to verify where the issue lies and they’re pretty expensive to start throwing parts at.
Check your fuel filter drain to make sure it is not sucking air .Check banjo fitting to make sure the screen in it not clogged . I have found on the common rail Cummins the banjo fitting hole clogged and the inlet hole on the side was drilled to small Was less the 1/8 when it should have been 1/4 to 5/16 .