Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Torque Multiplier 6V6080

Danyboy · 2023-01-18 17:52

New 2000

Replies17
  1. #1Vetech632023-01-18 19:18

    So….your trying to impress us? Or you trying to sell it?

  2. #2DMiller2023-01-18 19:20

    Not many here still use one, gone to Hytorqs

  3. #3crane operator2023-01-18 19:27

    Oh you need that. Surely there's a rotec bearing out of a excavator over there- with 150 bolts that need 1,600ft/lbs put on all of them. In a specified sequence. Then turned 120 degrees after torque. Also in sequence.

  4. #4DMiller2023-01-18 19:28

    Hytorq, Less Emergency Room runs stitches and end run expenses!!!

  5. #5Nige2023-01-18 19:42

    Disappeared about the same time as the dodo once Hytorc showed up on the scene.

  6. #6kshansen2023-01-18 19:43

    We had one like that at the quarry. Had to keep it away from some people as at least one asked if he could use an air wrench to turn it! Not sure how they did it but it was loaned out to another quarry and came back with the output drive snapped! Might be a good thing they did not know that ours had a replacement drive inside the handle! Can't say for sure but would put money on a bet saying that since I retired someone managed to destroy it and a few other tools we had!

  7. #7Vetech632023-01-18 19:43

    My shoulders wouldn’t allow me to pick up that case!

  8. #8DMiller2023-01-18 20:17

    Mine either!!

  9. #9Coaldust2023-01-18 20:28

    These replies are awesome. Those things were wicked.

  10. #10John C.2023-01-18 20:42

    It's nice to torque things up with. It's the pits when you have release the tension on that thing. It's like playing with a rattlesnake. One wrong move and you are in for some pretty significant pain.

  11. #11Truck Shop2023-01-18 20:43

    Friend of that has a machine shop had some interesting nuts------laying on his work bench. 10" across, came from Monumental Dam used to retain a generator. Torqued to 52,000 lbs. The socket was laying there also, had to smooth mill the points inside the socket for fit. Socket was stamped HF&S --lol

  12. #12Tyler d4c2023-01-18 20:45

    I'll pay double what I have in my 150 ton though hole ram. Need these on them big jobs. Where do I send the 150.00 dollars to Yes I got a whopping 75 bucks in a 150 though hole ram.

  13. #13Vetech632023-01-18 21:27

    I bid $155 lol

  14. #14epirbalex2023-01-18 22:36

    Little tool for magic . I've just done a sprocket segment job , all were lock tighted on . Mine is two speed and second was too high at times to help . Rather wondered if the rattle gun would have sped up the job .

  15. #15Nige2023-01-18 22:55

    Gas axe, or do you re-use segment hardware.?

  16. #16excavator2023-01-18 23:55

    Just when I get old enough to think about selling off some of my tools I find out they're old enough to not be worth alot. I have a 1 1/2" torque multiplier and an 8" Proto socket that fits it. I'm thinking the socket will become either a candy dish or a candle holder. The problem is I put my back out every time I move it.

  17. #17epirbalex2023-01-19 00:53

    Dumped some damaged bolts , segments were good tooth wise . I welded the segments together , it's easy enough to cut the weld out to remove when their time is up . Going by the bright green paint on two of the segments nuts last owners had the same issue . The other way out looked to me to be to rotate new segments , drill new holes and add new bolts . 15 hours on the dozer since and they are all tight , I've not used locktight rightly or wrongly . There is a small bevel cut on the bolt heads which ride up if its not blocked from being against the stop giving a false tightness . I blocked the heads from fully in-gauging with a small cold chisel . I'm sure the little bevel is the reason the segments worked lose . Poured some hours into the job and don't wish to repeat it .