Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Torque specs for Case 590 Turbo

CaptainAnalyzer ยท 2016-04-18 11:06

Hello all, I am going to roll new bearings in a 1990 Case 590 and cannot find a service manual using CNH's website as I believe the machine is too old to have the PIN registered online. Can someone direct me to the proper values for the rod and main caps, oil pan, ect. PIN: JJG0205524 Thank you in advance!

Replies4
  1. #1CaptainAnalyzer2016-04-18 12:03

    I assume the engine will be the 4.5L Case version of the Cummins 4BT. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2CaptainAnalyzer2016-04-19 15:28

    Bump? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3alrman2016-04-19 20:17

    You should have a 4/390 in a 590. Most aftermarket rebuild kits should supply all the specs you need?? Mains - 1:50Nm 2:60Nm 3:90Nm 4: +90deg oiled Conrods - 1:30Nm 2:60Nm 3: +60deg oiled oil pan bolts - 24Nm Head Bolts - 1:90Nm 2: check again 3: Long only 120Nm 4: check again 5: ALL +90deg oiled Rocker pedestal bolts - (short) 24Nm Valve clearance - IN 0.25mm cold EX 0.51mm cold :drinkup

  4. #4CaptainAnalyzer2016-04-20 09:27

    I really appreciate this! Thank you!