Does anyone have any experience with this oil. My supplier are mainly chevron delo dealers but are saying this is a very strong competitor. Thinking of switching due to delo never ending price increases but would like to see more than just spec sheets
Total is my local fuel/lubricants supplier back home. No issues that I am aware of with their products. They are a major name brand in Europe, I'm not sure about the US. What API Spec does the 15W/40 oil meet.? CI-4, CJ-4, CJ-4 Plus..? More important. What are the OEM specification requirements.?
I have a 55 gal drum of it, works as advertised. I have been using Total products for years, all great. As Nige said, big name in Europe, on all the race cars and such.
That’s what my supplier was telling me that is was a major brand in Europe. Oem specs are mostly cj4 and cj4 plus. Delo has been my oil of choice especially in a heui engine but they are getting out of hand on the bulk pricing
I would run it if it were available, but no suppliers in my area.
I went through thousands of gallons of Total 5w20 semi syn bulk oil doing oil changes at my auto shop. In my 98 ranger with 225,000 miles, the oil came out looking clean/ still dark amber every 2500 miles.
I’d run Total in a heartbeat provided the specific product being offered by the supplier met or exceeded the required OEM API specification.
Never see it around here...it's Rotella, everywhere. I use Rotella, it's good oil and redially available, buy it by the drum at Sams. Ed
I’ve ran Total in my D342 Cat engines for years.