Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Not another grease question.

Don.S · 2020-02-20 20:45

How does this grease specs look? I know its nothing fancy but i think it is probably better then what we use at the moment.

Replies11
  1. #1Don.S2020-02-20 20:50

    Right now we use shell s3 v220c 2. This is for compact equipment pins.

  2. #2Nige2020-02-21 08:59

    What are you using right now and what is the application..?

  3. #3Don.S2020-02-21 17:43

    And it would be used for greasing trucks.

  4. #4Nige2020-02-21 17:52

    From the pure specifications on paper I’d use that grease on a Cat 994, let alone compact equipment or pickup trucks.

  5. #5Don.S2020-02-21 18:13

    Meant full size trucks but its all the same eh. Most of the pickup trucks dont even have grease fittings then we wonder why stuff hardly makes it to 100 000 km. Thats good news since a tube of that stuff costs $5.99. Easy to convince the boss to change something when the price is the same.

  6. #6Nige2020-02-21 18:18

    To me a full-size truck is a Cat 793, but I assume you’re talking about something a little smaller than that......

  7. #7Don.S2020-02-21 18:29

    Ya thats a little fuller then i am talking about. I guess dump trucks and tractor trailers are pickup trucks in comparison

  8. #8Don.S2020-02-21 18:37

    Out of curiosity how much grease do you guys go through?

  9. #9Nige2020-02-21 18:39

    Last month I think it was five 1000kg bins.

  10. #10Don.S2020-04-26 20:31

    A little update incase you are interested. This grease is very hard to pump cold compared to the shell grease even tho they are both a nlgi2. I have to put the grease gun in my truck tail pipe every morning. This new grease also stays in the pins and runs way less.

  11. #11Nige2020-04-26 21:19

    I'll be honest and say that of all the major oil company greases over the years, Shell are the ones that have impressed me the least despite having good specifications on paper.