Hey, borrowed a skid steer to bush hog my property and when went to switch to the grapple bucket the female q/d looked like this with what looks like a little valve nearby. I need to use it but I’m guessing trying to attach it at this point would be bad right? Or can I force that valve back in there? Any advise? Any chance it’s quick fixable? 72” Grapple bucket for a deer 317g Any help appreciated.
The piece in your fingers looks to me is busted at the bottom. If I'm correct the piece that broken off is in the hydraulic hose. Nothing should be used until it's found or a major calamity will happen and the owner won't be a happy chappy .
Never seen a quick coupler that has round tube sticking out like that. I think there might be part of a broken end still in the quick coupler. The piece in your hand may have been part of the piece sticking up. The way it is it wouldn't stop oil from coming out with nothing hooked up. Look at another quick coupler on the machine or a new one. It should be obvious what's wrong.
What does the other end look like? Did you try to disconnect with a yank like many do with ISO hydraulic couplers such as are found on tractors? I think you need to pull the knurled sleeve back on the fitting on the hose. You may have to rotate the sleeve first to align the lock pin with the notch.
I think there are some couplers that will break away if pulled hard enough but most you have to slide the collar back.
That piece is the flat face part of the coupler. You will have to buy a set of new flat faced couplers. The part numbers are usually stamped on the coupler as relation to size and type of threads.