Hello, I bought a Caterpillar 951c loader a while back and I havent had time to use it since buying it. I think I have a leak. The pedal steer quit steering in unlevel ground. So, it checks low in unlevel ground and I will be buying fluids. Does anyone know the specs for all of the fluids in this machine? Generic requirements or fluids? Quanity such as how many gallons per system on machine? Possible generic filter part numbers? Good places to buy? Prices? Any additional information such as service intervals, hours, and tech tips? Thanks
Hi, I also have a Cat 951c. Fluids required are(above 0°C): - crankcase: SAE 30 engine oil or 15w40 multigrade oil (19 liters) - hydraulic system: SAE 10w (93 liters) - bevel gear and steering system: SAE 30 TO4 type (68 liters) - powershift: SAE 30 TO4 type (38 liters) - final drive: SAE 50w (9.5 liters each side) I hope this helps
Cross over for your own lubricants http://www.belray.com/lubricant_advisor/mining Model 951 (Tracked Loaders) Engine DT New Search Print Email Application Recommendation Capacity (gal) Engine (DT) Heavy Duty Diesel Engine Oil 15W-40 (a, b) 5.0 Transmission Transmission Oil TO-4 30 (c) 10.0 Hydraulics Transmission Oil TO-4 10W 24.5 Coolant 11.0 Bevel Gear & Steering Clutches Heavy Duty Diesel Engine Oil 10W-30 18.0 Final Drives (each) Heavy Duty Diesel Engine Oil 20W-50 (d) 2.5