Heres a project I built last year, brought an old DRMCo machine, had no gearbox in it, stripped it down and was able to sell the Cummins motor out of it. Cut the chassis off about where the cab was, and built a new chassis with a ballrace turntable under it so rear wheels could be turned, use electric over hydraulic valves to turn 4 tractor hydraulic functions into 8 for the grader. picked up some work on irrigation farms in my area grading taildrains etc on fields. have just bought a 2009 Volvo machine that has had the cab burnt off it and will try to sell this one and build another one out of it. hope you all like it.
Looks like a nice set up. If you dont mind me asking how much do you thing you have into it for all the hydraulics? I wander if a PTO pump would be an easier solution? Then you could just make a switch box with 8 self center switches and not have to remember what lever does what when the switch is in either position. You could do the same with using just one remote and locking it into detent but i dont care to do that a lot.
I don't think the hyd would of cost me more than $4000(aust $), and given that id still have to run all the hoses I do now I think id rather the 4x change over valves, but that's only my opinion. I did look at a valve to have one main bank of solenoids and feed it with one remote- I probably liked this idea most, but the cost of the valve was far more expensive and at the time it was a bit of a trial to see if it would work I didn't want to spend to much on it till I saw it work. the next one im going to do I may well do this way though now I know the concept works. I don't have a major prob with using one remote to feed it as my seeding equipment I run I lock a remote in to run 24/7 and it seems to cause no issues
I think you ought to run out and patent your idea, we just might be reading about you in Fortune 500 one day!
There are 2 guys close to me that have built road graders i havent been up close to ether to see what they did on the hydraulics. I pulled a grader with a HD11 when i was 18 i worried about my neck i wonder if a camera could be used but it may be to dusty at times?