Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Towing a 580 sk

Tunneldigger ยท 2018-01-15 11:24

A friend of my son has a 580 sk at my place with a font wheel bearing out. It has resided here for 3 years. I want it gone and am wanting to take my hoe and tow it back to him. Will i hurt anything by doing this? This is about 4 miles.

Replies4
  1. #1hosspuller2018-01-15 12:01

    Depends... Do you care if further damage is done? How out is out? Noisy or locked up? What speed will it be towed ? If the wheel falls off, can you continue?

  2. #2xgiovannix122018-01-15 12:09

    why didnt he fix it ?

  3. #3Tunneldigger2018-01-15 12:42

    I am going to pick the front end up I am just wondering about doing damage to the rear end. I got him a parts list to order but he is too tight. It sat in my shop for over a year. I have enough stuff to do.

  4. #4xgiovannix122018-01-15 12:54

    as long you put the gearbox IN Neutral It shouldn't be an issue. the machine will roll free.. just make sure you can get that machine to the next location safely