Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Towing a Bobcat 630 or 743

seattle smitty ยท 2013-07-21 19:00

I bet this info is here, but I haven't found the right wording for the Search feature . . . I need to haul a 630 up on to and off of a trailer to move it. A 630 is about like a 743 except that it has a Wisconson V-4. Rumor has it there is a special tool that replaces a valve or valves that allows for easy towing. Anybody know about this, have a P/N, or have a dimensioned drawing so I can build one? This machine has hydraulic troubles already, and I don't want to create more before I can get the machine to where I can work on it. Again, if this has been covered, I'm sorry, and maybe you can tell me where to look. Thanks.

Replies4
  1. #1kshansen2013-07-21 19:14

    Took some looking with Google, could have found it faster if I was at work where the manuals are! http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=54&frmView=ShowPost&PostID=46905 Read down to the bottom post and the guy tells how he made his own tool that worked. If you look at the drawing close you can see it's just a rod that holds a check valve open when the plug is screwed in. Like how he says to have a small animal or something to use as a wheel chock because it will want to roll! But there is a good safety point there!

  2. #2seattle smitty2013-07-21 19:41

    Thanks a million, Hansen!!! I'm printing it off now and will study it. Wonderful!

  3. #3seattle smitty2013-07-22 22:47

    Oops, well, on reading it, the guy did get his machine to where he could tow it, and I suppose that's enough, but the way he did it lets hydraulic oil run out the open holes where the valves went. I could do that, but I understood that if you had, or fabricated, the correct tool(s) that replaces each valve, the oil stayed in the machine . . . ? If no one knows about this, I suppose I'll drain off most of the fluid in the system and then just do what the guys tried to describe. BTW, I asked a mechanic at the local Bobcat dealer, and he didn't know.

  4. #4ironjunkie2013-07-26 22:21

    This may sound a little hillbilly but if you let all the air out of the tires and had enough "stuff" to yank it on and off.........?? Towing guys have plastic skids (I think they call them skates) that they put under the tires to load cars on to a roll back in similar situations