I just bought a used JD 332 tracked skid steer. Everything works fine except for the high flow. I have never had a skid steer with high flow so maybe I am doing something wrong but I cant figure out how to make it work. There is a switch in the cab which is for the high flow. I push it and nothing happens. No light indicating it is on and the hydraulic flow seems to be the same. I hear no changes in the engine load or anything. Basically I push the button and nothing happens. Any ideas?
Do you actually have high flow ??? Should have a set of bigger hydraulic couplers which you should have your attachment connected too them.What are you trying to do and run on high flow??? I have high flow on my machine ,but have yet to use it,basicly because use it 99% of the time for one thing and it is on standard flow.Did have a backhoe and to use it you had to switch the by-pass switch on and push the axuil pedal down too get the oil to flow and you could get out of the cab and set on the backhoe and it would run with out killing the machine when you got out of the seat. You might have the switch,but not actually have high flow! Good luck
Pretty sure I do. I have two sets of couplers one big and one small on the front of the skid steer. I am running an auger that can take up to 50 GPM. It works ok with the 24 GPM standard flow but the 34 GPM high flow would be better I think. It is kind of strange because the couplers I have on the machine are tied together. I thought the high flow had two sets of lines running to each set of couplers but this machine just has one set of lines but they are big. The go into a block that has both the big and small couplers. Looks factory to me. I have a 322 skid steer that does not have high flow and the lines going to the couplers are much smaller which leads me to believe the 332 does in fact have it. I was trying it using the small couplers which I know is not ideal and will not get full flow but I would have thought I would notice some difference. When I first sit on the seat all the lights on the console come on and I see the one for high flow. It never comes on when I flip the switch though.
I don't have a Deere but I have had many CASE machine with high flow. I was trying it using the small couplers which I know is not ideal and will not get full flow but I would have thought I would notice some difference. When I first sit on the seat all the lights on the console come on and I see the one for high flow. It never comes on when I flip the switch though. On my 465 HF machine you flip the switch to high flow and you must use the large couplers. I also have one set of large lines running to two separate couplers. I would perhaps track down the fuse that operates the high flow and be sure its not blown. However if you hit the switch and use the large couplers, you should have high flow.
Is your machine a older 332 or is it a newer D or E model.The new E model you have one set of couples and have to use an adapter to use high flow.Like KSSS said check fuses,it has to been in the large couplers for high flow.Good luck
I think it is just the regular 332. It is a 2006. The small and large couplers are basically Y'd together on the end of the lines. I can see needing the larger ones to make full use of the high flow but I don't see how the skid steer could know which ones you are connected to. I would think if it was working I would notice some difference, see the light on the console, hear a load or change on the engine or something. I pulled the cosole down and checked the switch. I think it is working ok but it is hard to tell without a schematic as it has four wires going to it and I am not sure what they do. Two green ones and a red and black. I ohm'd out a couple of the pins on the switch and they went from open to closed when I flipped the switch. As to the fuses I have only found four on the machine and they are by the operator's right hip and they are all good.