Hi a’ll My Dads Towmotor is leaking oil badly on the tilt cylinder and so I’m trying to identify the model and year. He’s had it for 20 years and got it used from a seed dealership. It was said that it has a bigger rear weight than original and it will move around 5000lb. It’s been painted and so I think they painted over all the tags and the only tag is beside the low fuel light and it says H.C.I 3100. Nothing is come up on the internet with those numbers though. I can’t seem to find any quite like it and it’s starting to drive me out of my mind… I will try to up load pictures later.
Here’s some more
Right now no need for numbers as there is no Towmotor dealer parts as such. CATAPILLAR bought out Towmotor and have since divested themselves of CATERPILLAR and is now produced/sold/dealerships as Mitsubishi-Caterpillar. Post a picture of this leaking cylinder; the actual gland area where it is leaking, first of it dirty and leaking showing leak trails, then cleaned up for closer view of the gland nut/fastener. The HCI 3100 is some prior corp owner equipment ID tag. Get tose pic back and I will tell you what to do.
This should be sister to your truck, tho a different upright. Model: 420, SN#:420 52283 Use this with a Mitsubishi Cat dealer to get diagram of tilt cylinders. They will be the stackup V backing if original, or a polypac U cup if have been done since new. There is a dealer, RION Equipment in Omaha. 402-734-5438. I would get him to diagram and price if available. If not, pull the leaking cylinder, open it up. Any hydraulic shop can match the V packing and orings/wipers, or a substitute Polypac U cup. Towmaster 420 2 Stage Forklift Towmaster 420 2 Stage Forklift, 4 Cylinder Propane Engine, Hi / Lo Transmission, Adjustable Fork Width, NOTE: Brakes NOT Working, SN: 42052283 www.bigiron.com