Yale GLC040 with a Aisin closed loop regulator. Truck had classic symptoms of a bad regulator. Regulator was replaced with new using Yale part number. New regulator had a different tag number and was slightly different with the addition of an adjustment screw on the top. Upon installation, the injector hose was found to be full of tar and the injector stuck open. Injector was cleaned with alcohol and seemed to close. Truck ran considerably better but had flooding issues when starting. A new injector was installed with the same problem. Coolant level is correct. What does the adjustment screw on the new regulator do? I can find no technical manuals on the Aisin regulators/ lp systems, anyone have something? The screw was was 4.25 turns out from the factory, it was reduced to one turn out and seemed to make improvement but still floods to the point of smelling propane. Current situation is the truck will start as it should when cold and runs well. With an immediate shutdown and restart it typically starts fine but if its left off for a minute two it is back to the flooding problem.
The regulators are preset that I've used. You may try adjusting the intake plenum screw. That is what changes the air mixture going into the engine.
Its my understanding the screw on the mixer is for idle only and should be set to .4-.7% CO. I have tried turning it in which I assume would lean it out with no difference other than poor idle. I am waiting for my gas analyzer to charge so I will set it for real.
You should have water line running into one of the valves. I believe there is a filter in that. Have you checked?
I am not sure what you mean by valves? There is coolant passages on the regulator, they are clear and flowing as they should. The only filter is on the idle injector, its a sinetered type. I cleaned the LP tar from it, it is restrictive as they are but does flow. I temporary removed the filter from the system with no change in hard starting.
Are you positive this is a fuel problem? Any ignition checks?
I thought the same thing, spark was verified good, very low hours since complete tuneup. I have not checked timing as when its running it runs perfect. Hot starts are typically not an issue only after it sits its hard to start.
Have you run a compression check on the cylinders? Just because it runs good doesn’t mean the compression isn’t low when the engine is cold.
Issue I had with my Hyster. 2 cylinders had no compression and 3rd barely from valves too tight.
This all came down to the "right" part not being right. The old regulator was reinstalled and the flooding problem went away. The new regulator became a rebuild kit for the old one and all is well now. If I had not had hit or miss success rebuilding I would have just gone that way in the first place.