Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Toy’s

Buddy ยท 2008-09-30 20:23

Some of my toy's

Replies42
  1. #1Lashlander2008-09-30 20:37

    You gotta love the older stuff. Is that crane a 22B? I've done a lot of work with a 22B. Do you collect or do you use them? We need a few more pics!

  2. #2bigblueox2008-09-30 21:27

    i'll second that! you live near sparta?

  3. #3dieseldave2008-10-01 00:19

    Neat stuff! Can we some more pics and some descriptions, history, etc?

  4. #4Buddy2008-10-01 08:25

    Yes Lashlander , That is a 22B. 1956 model. I collect , repair and operate these old machines as a hobby. I just hate for them to get cut up. Bigblueox , I live (9) miles from Sparta. Where are you ? Dieseldave , I will try to post more pictures tonight. The Bucyrus Erie is a 1956 22B , powered with a pony start D315 Caterpillar. The Northwest with the backhoe attachment (pull shovel) is a 1951 model 25. this machine is powered with a 371 Detroit. The Northwest with the shovel attachment is a 1956 model . This machine is powered with a MP11 Murphy. The old roller is a future project. This Huber roller is powered with a pony start D315 Cat. Like I said earlier I will try to post more pictures tonight.

  5. #5Buddy2008-10-01 20:58

    More pictures of my iron.

  6. #6Buddy2008-10-01 21:21

    More toy's

  7. #7bigblueox2008-10-01 21:23

    I'm in fredericksburg, i used to travel that way do you know maxie broadus? i used to race at newtown sand drag strip.

  8. #8Buddy2008-10-01 21:42

    Hi bigblueox Yes I know Maxie , and his brother Mike too. You being kinda close you should come down and visit sometime. You have any old iron?

  9. #9bigblueox2008-10-02 23:13

    I'd love to see some of that stuff in person, is this you personal collection?not nearly anything as interesting as you. and old d-2 dozer, a 955l, some mildly vintage farm equipment, some new and some in between.

  10. #10bigblueox2008-10-02 23:15

    the excavator looks familar. you didn't happen to be @ field days of the past with any of your equipment?

  11. #11Buddy2008-10-03 07:46

    Hi bigblueox Yes ! This is my personal collection. Yes , I did have the excavator at the field day of the past several years ago. I quit taking my personal stuff out their because of the price of trucking. I still go their every year , a week before the start of the field day . I get the antique construction equipment out of the sheds service them , and get them ready to run. I am in chairman in charge of that part of the Field Day . Bigblueox , send me your phone number in a private message and a good time to call , I will call you . We can shoot the breeze!

  12. #12TSK4152008-10-27 19:46

    Hi Buddy! Cool collection! The NorthWest shovels are neat! Were the cranes running when you acquired them? This spring I got a 1953 NorthWest 25 dragline. It has a K-428 Budda gas six cylinder in it. Saved it from the scrap yard. Is the NorthWest with the clam yours too? Or do you swap out a shovel for a boom?

  13. #13TSK4152008-10-27 20:49

    NorthWest 25

  14. #14Buddy2008-10-30 11:58

    Hi TSK415 None of the machines I have were running when I got them but , with a little TLC they came back to life. I took the crane boom off of the one Northwest and put on the shovel attachment. I already had the Bucyrus 22B with a crane boom and the one Northwest with the pullshovel attachment but , I wanted a machine with a shovel so I would have one of each. What I would really like is to find someone that would like to trade me the Bucyrus for another Northwest or find another Northwest I could buy . Then I would have all Northwest machines with all three attachments. That is a nice looking machine you have ! Do you have any manuals on it ? Do you have any other attachments with it ?

  15. #15Dominion 4102008-10-30 20:22

    Model 25 I never get tired of the retro-look of these machines.My dad and uncles have had a Model 25 for close to fifty years,s/n 14708.Cat D-318 powered.It has forty feet of crane boom,hook,clam and backhoe attachment.Also the frost point which I have been trying to find some pictures.It is basically a large steel shaft about 12''diameter by eight feet long with a tooth welded on the end.The stick for the backhoe and bucket were removed and the frost point installed and rigged up.That must have been quite the weapon to sit in all day with those short tracks pounding that frozen ground.

  16. #16TSK4152008-10-30 23:02

    Hi Buddy Thanks. Looks like you're restoring them. I was planning on restoring my 25. The closest match to the original color I've found is the New Allis Chalmers Orange. What color are you using? I have the operating and parts manual. I don't have any attachments but looking to buy a clam bucket. How did you find your attachments? It took a couple of weeks to get it going. The swing jaw clutch was frozen. It really took off when it came loose! Had to recore the radiator, relined the hoist brake bands. The drums are pitted moderately, any suggestions on what I could do with them? Dominion 410 - It would be interesing to see the frost point.

  17. #17qball2008-11-02 18:16

    i have spent some quality time on a #6. that makes a man out of you. i have a chance to buy a #25 with a cat but i would much rather listen to an old murphy chug-chug behind me.

  18. #18Taylortractornu2008-11-02 21:48

    I love to see some one restoring old equipment, The scrappers here took everything almost. My neighbor had an old Construction business along time ago wouldnt part with a bolt. Then hisd son stole a scraper and cut it up. The town put him under pressure to clean one lot in town up. He had an old gradall, A complete straight 350 IHC Duo pac roller, 2 old D7's , 3 HD21 one low hours and one pusher ripper all with new tracks, several rollers, an other parts. also went away with a BayCity truck crane and a pair of Unit truck cranes. Also had a Hyster D7 cat mounted Dragline and drag shovel unit they bought. Then came over in the country a Cut up a rebuilt TD20 That i ran for him last year, HD 16 and a an HD19 a 295E 33 yard elevating scraper, and a running 260 Old straght shift scraper I tried to buy hacked all to hell and another running gradall. Saved was a 1966 B&E shovel and Hes still got a running Unit dragline I want but the swing lock is frozen. Id do about anything to get to learn to run a drag line and a Gradall.

  19. #19TSK4152008-11-09 15:15

    Gerhard's (spelling?) in PA sells NorthWest machines. I would be interested in attachments if I could find any.

  20. #20stretch2008-11-09 16:13

    Gerhart sure does have a lot of stuff... http://www.gerhartmachinery.com/default.asp :usa

  21. #21Buddy2008-11-27 18:18

    Hi TSK415 Sorry it took me so long to get back to answer your questions about paint color , and attachments. The Allis orange is close enough but, you can get the exact color code from Gerhart machinery. I spent a lot of money going that direction on one of my machines but , I was disappointed because the paint did not hold up. I am thinking about going with Equipment Orange from ACE hardware on my shovel project I am working on now. The color is very close and seems to hold up really good. I painted another machine for a friend two years ago it and still looks fresh. About the attachments ! Well , they are around, you just got to get out and look ! I have been lucky looking and asking around old quarrys. They will scrap out the main machine along with what ever it has on it at the time but , a lot of times , the additional attachments have been taken off or changed out years earlier. They will shove the other attachment off to the side some where and forgotten about until some one comes along and ask. Like me

  22. #22vintex2008-12-10 01:54

    toys a man after my own heart! great collection when im able to post stuff ill put up some pictures of my own toys iv got a couple of northwests amongst other things not to many left "down under" now though

  23. #23vintex2008-12-10 02:03

    toys hi again dominion 410 if you check out stripmine.org there is a link to a russian mining web site its not in english but there is a mass of pics and i remember seeing draglines rigged with frost points thought this might help,

  24. #24Buddy2008-12-12 19:09

    Having fun ! Thought I would add a picture of me having fun with the Northwest shovel at our local show summer 2007

  25. #25bigblueox2008-12-13 20:46

    that looks like field days of the past! i have a ton of pics to post from this past year! sorry i haven't gotten back to you buddy.

  26. #26TSK4152008-12-28 20:38

    Buddy, thanks for the suggestion on color. Wow! That looks like a lot of fun! Happy Holidays, everyone!

  27. #27Tano Demolition2008-12-31 19:39

    wow this is very cool to look at.

  28. #28Tugger2009-01-03 00:10

    Toys Hi Its great to see old iron saved from scrap.My old 15B still earns its keep doing the odd pile driving or clamming job. Best regards Dave

  29. #29Galen Brown2009-03-26 21:21

    Hi Buddy! We talked last at the HCEA show last summer in PA. I wanted to touch base, I bought a Bucyrus 14B Its a small crane and came with back hoe. This machine looks totally different from the 15B. Sort of an updated 10B. I believe its from the early 60s. Hope u get this.

  30. #30vintex2009-03-29 15:18

    14 b hi galen any chance of a few photos of your 14B i hav a english 14RB that i saved from the scrap it would be nice to see the american counter part, regards vintex

  31. #31Galen Brown2009-06-30 07:54

    Hi Vintex, I got the 14B moved. Started right up with a new battery and some ether. Loaded the hoe onto a small trailer and walked the crane up on another lowboy. Steering clutches not functioning well and looses air pressure too so I need to inspect the lower works. She is rusty but all there. Will post pics soon as AIm able. How about your machine. I plan to attach hoe which is actually a 15 b straight boom hoe.

  32. #32Casepoclain2009-12-27 22:29

    Buddy... What do you know about that Huber roller? I'm looking for one of about that vintage, but with solid wheels... not the spoke type. Randy

  33. #33tripper_1742009-12-27 22:44

    Nice collection. Good to see the D2. My Dad started me on that when I was ten years old cleaning up breaking. I believe that if you can run one of those old girls, you can operate almost anything! I haven't seen one with the fuel tank on the side like that since. I was beginning to think that I was imagining that it was actually like that. Thanks for the photo as it eases my mind! I've been looking for one up here to fix up but haven't found one yet.

  34. #34pbean2009-12-28 16:30

    I am about 1 hou 15 min away from fredricksburg and been to the feild days of the past many times we bought a unit crane from around rockville almost 10 years ago ill try to get some pics on here very nice pics thanks for posting

  35. #35Buddy2009-12-29 09:00

    Hi Casepoclain I don't know much about the old Huber roller at all. I do know the year is a 1951 because I have a serial number book I looked it up on. The engine is a Cat D315 that runs very good , in fact I have the roller in my shop now going through everything and getting it ready for a fresh coat of paint this spring. I am looking for some manuals for it now. I would like to find a shop manual and the operators manuals for it. I just keep my eye on Ebay .. I did have a guy come in here last week , and he told me of another roller that looked a lot like mine sitting in the woods on a place he hunts. I have not had time to check it out yet . When I do , I will get pictures and post them here .

  36. #36TSK4152009-12-29 21:53

    Hi vintex, was wondering if you had some pictures of you NW's. Were they made down there or shipped?

  37. #37Casepoclain2009-12-29 22:22

    Buddy... I have a parts and or operators manual here, I can't find it as my daughter is at the age where everything gets carried away and put in a corner. I'll find it and copy it and send it to you. I don't think I want to part with them. I did find this machines shop card... S/N 10-12512, it too had the D315 Citty Cat in it. We always just pull started it. I never ran it... all those years. Dad and I did the sewers, the earth moving crew used it to seal up at the end of the day on a fill, or when they cut street slots. I would be interested in the one in the woods if it needs a home. Curious if it has solid or spoked wheels. Ours were solid. Let me know if you know the year of ours, I'm curious! Thanks

  38. #38Buddy2010-04-20 15:00

    I just picked up a few more toys last week. (2) Model 41 Northwest cranes and a Caterpillar D8H. I will post pictures ASAP ! Been very busy !

  39. #39TSK4152010-04-26 21:04

    Waiting Good to hear from you

  40. #40du5tyl2010-04-27 12:54

    those are some awesome machines!! Thanks for the sharing.

  41. #41Buddy2011-01-14 10:07

    Still getting more stuff! Got another Northwest model 25 and a Caterpillar 12E Grader. I will get more pictures soon. Been busy and cold here

  42. #42Buddy2012-10-12 12:24

    Now that I have some time on my hands sitting around recovering from sholder surgery I will start posting some up to date pictures of the progress that has been taken place on my toys. Pictures comming soon. I hope.