Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Toyota 02-6FGU30 Water pump assembly – Mystery part

woodhaven · 2025-03-19 16:06

I have a Toyota 02-6FGU30 with a bad water pump. We ordered a new water pump, but I cannot figure out how to transfer over this piece. It appears to be threaded (On the new pump), but on the old pump, not only can I not turn it, but even if I could I don't think it would unscrew all the way because of the pipe sticking out the side of it. I contacted the vendor of the pump and they claim that this part is not marked in the catalog, so they don't know what it is and cannot provide me a replacement. Any ideas?

Replies8
  1. #1Vetech632025-03-19 16:19

    I assume you have a hose that goes on that old fitting. Since your new pump is threaded, you can put a 90 degree fitting and a hose barb fitting on there and accomplish the same thing. That fitting is a drive in swedged fitting I believe.

  2. #2woodhaven2025-03-19 16:20

    Genius! The original fitting has two things sticking out at 90 degrees to one another. One is just capped with a piece of hose. The other is indeed connected. I'm not sure what the original intent of that capped hose is, but I think an elbow will work if I can find one that will fit.

  3. #3woodhaven2025-03-19 16:59

    Well I just got back from the parts store and unfortunately I could not find anything with the right pitch for these threads. I'm not sure what else to do at this point. This thing is useless until I can figure out how to get that hose reconnected.

  4. #4Vetech632025-03-19 17:03

    Go to a hose building shop with the new pump. They can fix you up easily

  5. #5woodhaven2025-03-19 17:21

    Unfortunately they weren't much help. They didn't have anything that would fit the threads. I'm being told on a Facebook group that the newer pumps were updated with a threaded fitting instead of the press-in, but nobody so far has been able to provide a part number to me.

  6. #6Vetech632025-03-19 18:34

    I cant believe a hose place couldn’t help, that’s rediculous. Can you post a couple of pics of the threaded hole? I may be able to tell you what it is….or isnt

  7. #7woodhaven2025-03-19 19:16

    Small town. Their selection of fittings just wasn't that great. They had tons of standard size stuff, but very little metric. Thinking about taking it to another place in a bigger town tomorrow.

  8. #8Vetech632025-03-19 20:01

    Good idea!