Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Toyota 4SDK8 Gear Pump

Twitchin90 ยท 2015-11-25 04:35

Hey guys, I've got a huski that I'm trying to find a new gear pump for. The one on the very end of the hydrostatic. Toyota reckons $1730 plus gst. Really don't wanna give away that much for something I can get elsewhere in a different brand etc. has anyone replaced their pump before? If so where did you get it from and what's the part number on it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Replies12
  1. #1napost2015-11-25 06:49

    What's wrong with the pump that's on your machine? A workshop manual might be cheaper to service the fault first.

  2. #2Twitchin902015-11-25 06:53

    It's got a split in the actual body of the pump. Been chasing this leak for ages, got the ****s with it last weekend and pulled the fittings out of the pump and you can see a hairline fracture up the thread and along the body of the pump.

  3. #3napost2015-11-25 07:24

    Toyota recommend AFT type F fluid. The pump develops an odd 4100psi. As hard as it may seem, I'd try source one from a husky wreck somewhere as not to create a problem elsewhere in the drive system. I'm interested in how many hours your loader done, and what type oil you use? The friction load within uncompatible oil can be quite high. Goodluck.

  4. #4Twitchin902015-11-25 07:36

    It's been leaking since I got it, it's got 4100 hours on it, I've always just used castrol aws68 hydraulic oil. The pump is just getting tired as everything does. I seen a guy replaced his pump on another post on here with a dynamatic pump. I would love to know the numbers that are on it so I can buy one hahaha, Toyota are supplying me with that same brand aswell.

  5. #5mikebramel2015-11-25 09:12

    To cross your pump over you're going to have to measure the shaft, mounting pilot and bolt hole, port sizes, and rotation

  6. #6Twitchin902015-11-25 15:54

    Thanks mate, I'll pull it out this weekend and see what I can find

  7. #7AussieChris2015-11-30 00:41

    Hi Twitchin, I just went through a similar thing with my JCB 1CX (skid steer loader with backhoe attached). Took ages to find the leak between the alloy pump body and the cast iron mounting flange. Long story short, I ended up having a to source a brand new pump because of a crack in the body. The original was a Dynamatic tandem pump for my hi-flow machine (making it twice the price). JCB wanted about AUD$3300. I contacted Dynamatic in the UK and they forwarded my email to White House Products (UK). WHP were a great help. They emailed a dimensioned drawing of the pump so I could verify it was the exact one and I had it within a week. It cost me around AUD$1200 Fedexed to my door (your single pump should be much cheaper than that). Pump installed no more leaks. I don't want to fall foul of advertising rules here but you might try contacting them (just do a search - their email address is on the web site). Send them any serial numbers and model numbers you can especially off the pump itself. It would be a good idea to identify the inlet and outlet port threads too if you can. Their site doesn't give prices so you'll have to request a quote including shipping to Aus. Good luck with it. Chris Brisbane (too).

  8. #8DIYDAVE2015-11-30 06:07

    If you know all the specs, including the mounting it uses, go to surpluscenter.com, and see if they have anything...

  9. #9Ironstone2015-12-10 00:06

    G'day Twitchin, I just wanted to see how you are getting on with sourcing a replacement gear pump and the price & availability? Mine has similar problems and I got a similar quote off Toyota for a genuine replacement $1705+gst. Any help appreciated. Cheers mate

  10. #10Twitchin902015-12-10 03:14

    Huski Hey man, yeah managed to get onto Whitehouse products in the uk like old mate said and they came back to me last week, they have em in stock and are 206 pounds so roughly $400 odd Aussie dollars. A heap better then what Toyota quoted us. I've also been told by a guy at Toyota that when you install the new pump that you have to set the pressure again via the hst. Got him coming to do mine when I get my pump. Any questions mate just ask as I know how frustrating it can be lol.

  11. #11Ironstone2015-12-10 21:35

    Legend thanks mate! Just wondering what part numbers you used to match up the pump and what year your machine is as it may be the same part # I'm chasing? Was the Toyota tech refering to setting a relief pressure or something?

  12. #12Twitchin902015-12-10 23:38

    No worries, my Machiene is a 2003 from memory. The pump number is C25.0L 38668 and is a sauer danfoss pump. White houses pump is a 5S1/41600WOR. Hope this helps