Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat T300 fuel/ power loss

Dirtman23 ยท 2015-11-25 17:19

I have a T300 that bogs down way too much when under load, mainly going up a hill. I have replaced the fuel filter, lift pump, cleaned tank. when I take off the fuel filter it is only half full of fuel. It seems to run just fine but when you push the handles forward all the way going up a hill it bogs down to like 1300 RPMs. I have checked everything that I can think of any I still haven't found the problem. Any ideas

Replies7
  1. #1willie592015-11-25 21:48

    Welcome to HEF Dirtman23. :drinkup If it's possible to do so, you need to run that thing with as hard a load as you can produce until the engine stalls out. Right then, jump out and open the rear door. Check the fuel primer bulb. If it's sucked flat then most likely the strainer screen on the end of the fuel pick up tube in the tank is clogged.

  2. #2Dirtman232015-11-26 00:51

    I have checked that as well. no problem there

  3. #3crewchief8882015-11-26 10:21

    pinched fuel hose under the engine/pumps loose clamps on the fuel line ( sucking air) are you bleeding the fuel system properly? :drinkup

  4. #4Dirtman232015-11-27 00:32

    nothing appears to be pinched and I have tightened all the clamps. I have bleed the fuel system multiple. maybe the pickup tube in the tank is cracked, I am just not sure

  5. #5gwhammy2015-11-27 07:36

    Maybe tie a boat tank on top and run fuel line bypassing the fuel primer bulb. This would let you know which side it's on. If they fixes it hook it up on the tank side of the bulb. Fuel line could be collapsing inside. You could also hook a electric pump up and go straight to the injection pump. Bypass and narrowing down sometimes is the only way. What's the wide open rpm's with no load?

  6. #6Dirtman232015-11-27 11:05

    At full throttle with no load it runs at 2500 RPMs

  7. #7willie592015-11-27 20:33

    When that happens customers typically report the machine runs fine when the tank is full of fuel, then once it's begins to burn off, the lower the level in the tank gets the machine starts crapping out.