Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Toyota Skid steer

MacThailand ยท 2013-09-09 20:01

Hi Guys, it seems there are quit a few skd8's in service. I recently picked one up in Thailand for a job. A couple weeks into the job I lost a drive bearing unit. Very hard to find in Thailand. I called Australia and was quoted 14,000AUD for the part. Is that a real cost or was I miss quoted. Really it is just some bearings. Is that really what is cost to keep these things going? Anyone have another resource I can use to repair my rig? Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1mikebramel2013-09-10 21:33

    What do you consider a drive bearing unit? A drive motor or the bearing that the wheel spindle rides on?

  2. #2MacThailand2013-09-13 19:41

    the hydraulic gear assembly on the right side. It is quite a larger bearing and gear assembly located below the drivers seat, then it connects to the chain drive assembly the the wheel bearing.