Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

tracks for hills

tbaird ยท 2013-09-10 06:57

I have a tak 140 and was in the hills of WV mowing and not haveing much fun. OEM tracks with 800hrs on them and I was sliding all over the place. Wet grass was a problem. Is there any thing better that will last like oem tracks but do well in hills? I was looking at prowler tracks with the tractor stile tread as a option.

Replies6
  1. #1kiwiclimber2013-09-10 21:51

    bolt on steel cleats.

  2. #2cartzblown94z2013-09-10 22:52

    I put the prowler AT bar style tracks on mine and love them, snow, mud, grass they rock and are very nice to lawns.

  3. #3Red Hill Dirt2013-09-11 16:45

    I have a set of Prowler EXT tracks on one of my machines, and I love them. The EXT's are a tractor style lug, they ride better and have a whole lot more push power than the stock tracks. They are a whole lot more stable on a side hill too.

  4. #4ptrdozing2013-09-12 00:38

    We've always run the Camoplast SD from Solideal. They are awesome for climbing or running hillsides, but you never get as many hours out of them as you would a stock set of tracks. On our T-300's and T-320 we get any where from 800 to 1000 hours out of them. Never really used them full life though we always break bands when they're about half worn.

  5. #5tbaird2013-09-12 05:16

    What kind of life do you get with the prowlers?

  6. #6cartzblown94z2013-09-12 21:33

    I have around 150 hours on mine and they still look nearly new. Very satisfied so far