Can anyone point me in the direction of where to buy these used or new? Also - any chance you guys may know what other models would be the same such as a 951, D4, D3, etc? Thanks, Rick
I would first check with the gents at OffRoad Equipment. So far they have had everything I've needed for my 941B
With a machine the vintage of yours, Offroad Equipment www.offroadeq.com is always a good start. If you mean the cover that fits over the hydraulic track adjuster (Item 12 in diagram below) then the Part Number is 5K-5305. It fits a lot of other machines of that era and in that size range such as 951, 955, D5, etc.
The part number you listed is not in stock at offroadeq.com - however the description is cover 2.8lbs << I am sure the cover weighs more than that no? I am looking for the cover for the hydraulic track adjuster (approximately 24-28" " long) including the access cover for grease zerk & pressure valve. Thanks for the tips - I will reach out to them.
My apologies - failed to read the Parts Book right. The complete Guard Gp is 8K-5695 for the RH side of the tractor & 8K-5696 for the LH side - note they are handed not universal. Weight is listed as 16 pounds. Bad news is that it looks as though the complete guard is limited to 941 & 941B, I can't see any other usages listed. Equipment breaker's yards would be your next port of call. Some of the members on here have suggested places to try but I forget what they were but now you have the Part Number Google is your friend.
If you're looking for just the one section of the group, the one with the access door, it might be part 8K5695 (Right) and 8K5696(Left). OffRoad has 1 of the 8K5695 listed out of Knoxville for $95 but doesn't show any availability for 8K5696
hey guys I have hit a roadblock. All of the guards that I have been quoted are new replacements with 8K5696 and *K5695 part numbers do not come with the lower notch (between the back bolt and front 2 bolts). Are we expected to modify these guards? The vendors seem to be doing there best to provide me with the part in the parts book but it seems maybe I need to discuss with someone that has been down this road....
Here is an example of an 8K5695 I have been quoted in stock (with no notch). I can cut the notch in however I am looking for your opinion based off experience with older equipment sheetmetal purchases.
No experience with this guard but is that "notch" needed? In the picture of your rusted out one the part that is inside the notch looks like it is below the surface of the sheet metal. If it is needed my opinion would be to drill a couple 1/2--3/4 inch holes in the corners of the notch and with cut off wheel in 4 inch grinder have at it. You probably have spent more time looking for one with the notch than it would take to cut the part. You have a good pattern in your rusted one!
I would say that if the 3 bolt holes in the outside edge of the guard line up then have at it with a grinder and manufacture the notch to suit your machine .
Thanks guys. Believe me cutting the notch if needed does not worry me as much as getting $400 of sheetmetal in the mail that does not fit without extensive modifications beyond just the notch. If you look at both pictures of current guard & new guard it does NOT look to be an exact fit - only items that seem to match perfectly are the bolt holes on side. For instance the 3 hole that go around the chassis support notch are NOT on my factory guard. But then maybe my factory guard is not original... Anyone out there with a 70H series in person that can take a peek??
How did you come out on this? I'm looking to buy a complete set of track gaurds soon and I was wondering if you found a good after market source.