Hello, I have everything ready to go back together now, just received the seal kit from Finney’s. Is there a particular procedure for sliding the new seal over and onto the piston? I surely don’t want to split this new seal as it is tight going over that fat end. Should I warm it up a bit? Thanks Don
A quick dip in some hot water would not hurt. I put my Td8e adjuster seals on with an abundance of grease. They were a bit tough but nothing too scary. Also be sure to pre load some grease into the fork before installing the adjuster, then you can force some out of the vent to make sure there is no air trapped in it.
Thank you Acecadet. We were able to shove them on horizontally in the vise. I didn’t use water to initially install them my helper (wife) put the first one on backwards so I soaked it in real hot water then was able to shoe horn it off then reinstall the correct way. I carefully advised my “helper” she may be more useful elsewhere lol
A wise man would have apologized for telling her the wrong way. Bad Bob
All back together. This is really good little dozer, good runner
Quick share in intallation of packing cylinder. you could also use a piston ring clamp/compressor in that way it will slide in easily on the cylinder.