It's been a while since I had to do this , but earlier I went to adjust the tracks , removed the cover and tried pumping grease with no luck , the grease zerk would not take. I loosened the adjuster zerk tried it again with no luck , also tried another grease gun , Am I doing something wrong?:beatsme Any advice would be appreciated.
The chrome rod is prolly seized in the bushing it runs through. Just forward of the access plate on the side of the side frame is a 3/4 drive pipe plug. under that is the grease fitting to lube the rod and bushing. You should also lube the lower idler pivots. both the inner and outer. It is just a matter of working it in and out to get it unstuck.
Thanks I'll give it a try. We do grease the lower idler points , so i'll remove the plug and grease and work it.
Lee-online, I also need to grease the lower idler pivots on my 953C, but I do not see any grease fittings for them. Can you tell me more of where I should be looking, for I must be overlooking them. Also how often should they be greased? Thanks.
Highlighted the pic. It is countersunk and will be packed with dirt so you need to dig for it. It may not take grease if it has never been greased before or in a long time.
Thank you for posting the pic. now I see and understand. greatly appreciated!
What is the best way to un-clog the lower idler pivots? Mine are packed full of dirt. Thanks in advance.
Since they are full of mud i would remove the grease fitting and the cap and 3 bolts (#46 & 47) then pressure wash them. Install the grease fitting while still wet, grease and see if it purges out. Then reinstall the cap. I would guess 75% of the track loader i see haven't been greased there in many many years.
Thank you. Will give it a try.
Hey Lee , so I need to loosen the zerk fitting and push against the idler to loosen it , then tighten the fitting and adjust? Thanks for the info.
I am in the same boat but with a 943. Broken adustment rod and I have the parts to replace but have an issue. I will post a new thread once I get my count high enough. Thanks.
You may know this but to release pressure you loosen the large "bolt" that the zerk is screwed into. The bolt part has a check valve to hold the track pressure.There is a cut out channel in the side of the bolt so you don't have to remove it although it sometimes helps make it easier.
I have been having a similar problem with my Hitachi ex200lc. I had to replace the large zerk fitting (large bolt) and tried pumping grease into them but neither one took grease. Should I raise the track, loosen the large bolt that the zerk is on and try pushing the idler a little bit to try to loosen it up so it will take? Also, can I just use a regular hand pump grease gun or an air powered grease gun? I work in the mountains (very remote area) so I'm hoping I can just use a regular hand pump grease gun lol Thanks for any help guys
my 933 will not hold the track tension, it "leaks off" in 2-3 hours use.