Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

track Brands

Monte1255 ยท 2009-08-30 09:28

I was thinking that maybe this winter I'd be replacing my track Group on my 953 I found some very reasonbly priced tracks for $5800.00 for the complete set of tracks and Sprockets. but my question is this......has anyone ever heard of V-Track? are they any Good?:beatsme

Replies37
  1. #1divedigger2009-08-30 12:54

    Is that bottom rollers, top rollers, sprockets ,rails, pads and front idlers for 5800.oo? That is about half of Cat

  2. #2OCR2009-08-30 13:18

    track Brands: I didn't look real hard, but did find this from Google... scroll down to pictures. Probably no help, though. http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/armour-vehicles-artillery-3-reich/panther-v-track-link-4886/ OCR

  3. #3Red Bank2009-08-30 13:45

    Monte, check around on tracks, we were at Ritchie Bros. auction in Statesville NC and they sold rails for $500 a pair. I did not see any that would fit my 955K, then after they were sold my Cat salesman told me one pair would work on my loader if I removed one link . He had to buy me a steak for lunch for not telling me that in time. What all are you planning on replacing? Everything?

  4. #4Monte12552009-08-30 20:48

    divedigger: The price I was qouted was for pads.links, and segmented sprockets. and they are Salts.

  5. #5Monte12552009-08-30 21:23

    Red Bank: I may be replacing Links, pads, and sprockets with the eventual replacement of track roller bearings. I've taken some time and checked the track roller bearings and oil levels with them and found them all to be in good shape except for the top carrier which seems to be getting a bit pounded up on the outside but bearings are fine. my rails have about 3/4" of life in them and the bushings have not been turned yet but my plan is to just roll off of one set and onto another. then at least I know how old my tracks are. When I bought the machine I also bought the Complete shop and service manuals and spec sheets and everthing you need to know about fixing it and in that book it says outside permissable wear on bushings should not exceed .300" on Dia and I have these for measurements. Bushings (new) 2.3125 not to exceed .300" wear under light shock loads and .200 under heavey loads currently (used) they are at 2.220" In the way of the pitch they are supposed to be 6.900" center to center and I am at 7.032" approx. I have no Idea how the seals are on the links but I would be a fool if I thought they were all fine I'm going to assume everyone of them is bad. I guess if anyone was interested in the set I've got they just have to let me know..it may help to cover the costs of a new set a little bit...... as I said the pins have not been turned yet but I do believe they should be soon. We also have a Ritchie Bros. auction Site near us and I have attended some, but it seems the good deals only show up when I'm not there :IMO I could use a dump Truck and three axle trailer toobut that is another story........

  6. #6dirthog2009-08-31 09:46

    v track We sell a lot of the v-track brand through Value part out of Ohio and have never had any trouble with them

  7. #7QuickTrax2009-08-31 17:17

    We sell V-track all the time. A company called Value Part supplies their dealers and the dealers sell to the end user. V-track is stamped in the parts Value Part sells. Value Part has other manufactures make the V-Track for them. The parts could be I.T.R., D.C.F, etc... Whoever they have making the tracks for them at that time puts the V-Track Logo on the part. The chains will say V-Track on the link. We havn't had a problem with them. They come w/ a good warranty in case you are wondering. You could ask for a copy of the warranty if you needed it. Our shop has got some of the V-Track tracks back in for a turn and they have been holding up very well. We don't put them on any machine larger than a D6R,H and up. Keep in mind these are Korean chains. Let me know if you have any questions.

  8. #8Monte12552009-08-31 21:14

    I think it is always good to know about the different brands, I'll probably give them a try and see what happens.....I don't work too much in the gravel and rocks so that is not too much of an issue mostly cleaning brush and land clearing. :drinkup

  9. #9QuickTrax2009-09-01 08:16

    Monte, I checked pricing on the parts you are looking for and $5800.00 is a good price. The company that quoted you and I probably buy at the same price and at a 15% markup I was at $5848.00. This was for 40 link salt chains w/ 15" pads and segment groups??? If this is correct you are getting a good deal.

  10. #10Monte12552009-09-01 09:09

    The pads that I will be buying are the 20" pads, but other than that I think we are talking of the same thing....the company also offered free shipping if the order was over 4,000.00 Do you sell tracks as well? I don't mean to force competition here.......just exploring my options so far....I'm not commited to this other company yet....is QuickTrax the name of your company?

  11. #11pittedmess2009-09-04 19:56

    Berco seems..In my opinion to have a better selection of types to application than any other..When I buy used equip...I like to see the Berco name on the rails . It to me has always meant quality..My $.02

  12. #12QuickTrax2009-09-04 20:52

    Monte, did you get my message. Pittedmess, At one time we sold only Berco or Itm brand parts which are both made in Italy and are more expensive than the korean aftermarket parts. Now days, we give our customers options on brands and prices and 9 out of 10 people will go with the korean parts. Most korean brands have the same warranty as Berco or the Itm brands. I feel like Berco will hold up better on bigger machines.

  13. #13pittedmess2009-09-05 09:21

    QuickTrax..Your opinion on offshore rubber tracks..I've found quality and construction isn't there. It's hard to tell what you will end up with in that department because so much of the construction of the track is hidden under the rubber..American included on this one...

  14. #14QuickTrax2009-09-05 11:19

    All of the rubber tracks we sell are made in Korea or Russia. Two types of rubber tracks. #1 is the the continuous steel belted which means the steel belt inside the rubber is a circle and does not have a splice. #2 is the non continuous steel belted which means they just looped some steel and spliced it. #2 is the type of tracks you want to stay away from. I have heard of these tracks coming apart at the splice. We sell a lot of rubber and have not had any problems as of yet. The price compared to the OEM is much cheaper. I just sold a set of Bobcat T300 tracks for $1083 each. Bobcat had their tracks on sale for $1750 each. Thats a really big difference. We sell to some of the dealers and have had no complaints.

  15. #15TitanTracks2009-09-09 17:52

    My name is Ross i am with Titan Tracks, Like stated above all rubber tracks are made overseas. Quality usualy depends on the factory. We at Titan Tracks only sell the continuis loop design and we offer a 1 year or 1500 hour warranty. Aftermarket tracks are a good way to save costs and gain more profit from your machines. At titan tracks we have very low overhead so we can offer substantualy lower prices than most of the compeditors. I can sell the Bobcat T300 Tracks for over $100 cheaper than ^^^^^.

  16. #16pittedmess2009-09-09 18:27

    All tracks are made off coast? I was looking at snow tracks from a company that advertises on Rock and Dirt and I thought they were made USA..Anyhow, what's your opinion on snow tracks...Thought I might try a set, however anything on rubber Without chains seems to me a waste of money...Can't see how tread design on snow with ice under it would outdue rubber tires...Looking for a way out in rough driveways. I caught an earfull in the past due to chain marks

  17. #17QuickTrax2009-09-09 20:10

    Titan Tracks, Nice sells pitch......What brand of tracks do you sell. I noticed on your website that the T300 tracks are the sale of the month at 995. What are they priced at when they are not on sale? Thanks, Quick Trax

  18. #18willie592009-09-09 21:40

    Ross, I see your a new member, welcome to the forum. :usa Since your new, and may not have read the forum rules, this is a site where we are free to exchange information and ideas, but the forum has a strict no solicitation policy, we are not allowed to use the forum to advertise or promote products we sell. On the other hand, notice the posts from QuickTrax. He's doing a good job of offering information on tracks, a product he has experience with, to the members here, and not necessarily promoting his products. Welcome to the forum TitanTracks.

  19. #19TitanTracks2009-09-10 10:20

    I can sell the tracks For $983 each, The sale on the web site is a few months old. Sorry for sounding like a advertisement i was just trying to make a point.

  20. #20TitanTracks2009-09-10 10:22

    As far as brand goes, We are a direct importer. They are our brand.

  21. #21QuickTrax2009-09-10 10:24

    Do you offer any kind of freight deals? Would someone get free freight after a certain amount?

  22. #22TitanTracks2009-09-10 10:33

    Depending on location, We usualy quote the customer with the track price and freight together. They are usualy satisfied with the price and dont even ask the cost of freight.

  23. #23QuickTrax2009-09-10 11:45

    How much is freight to get tracks to 77429 area code from Cali?

  24. #24TitanTracks2009-09-10 11:55

    $2,166.00 for 2 tracks shipped to 77429.

  25. #25QuickTrax2009-09-10 12:06

    So your price for each track and this includes freight is $1083.00. My sell price is $1083.00 also and we don't charge freight anywhere in Texas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana which is the market I am going after. We are more or less in line w/ each other on pricing. Do you sell a lot in Texas. We always receive mail and phone calls from Alpine Tracks in Cali. Are they your competitor?

  26. #26TitanTracks2009-09-10 12:18

    I personaly have not herd of them. Yes our pricing is in line. It is $200 to ship to that zip code, but usualy its cheaper in most states.

  27. #27special tool2009-09-10 18:53

    Hey cool - you 2 should get a room....

  28. #28QuickTrax2009-09-11 08:40

    I appreciate that special tool. Sometimes you just have to prove a point.

  29. #29Steve Frazier2009-09-11 09:10

    ATCOEQUIP has made a post here to bring your attention to our soliciting rules, I'll jump in here and remind you that if they aren't followed your membership will be in jeopardy. Our rules are in place to protect both our members from solicitation and protect our sponsors' investment here at Heavy Equipment Forums. We don't take either of those concerns lightly.

  30. #30QuickTrax2009-09-11 11:30

    No Prob Steve. sometimes things get carried away.

  31. #31CatManDoes2009-09-25 08:51

    hi thanks for the information....

  32. #32nosnap2009-10-01 16:26

    Are any of these tracks any good, Traxter or Titan in comparison to Bridgestone?

  33. #33HillBoy2009-10-02 19:05

    Never heard of these two; must be some non-brand Chinese or Korean importers. I assume they are real cheap, too. We usually buy McLaren's, but the Bridgestone's we got in the past were just as good. A bit pricier, though. :usa

  34. #34dadsdozerhd5b2009-10-03 10:08

    track replacement i would check your local cat dealer for used tracks. sometimes they get them in and are still decent and cheaper than new especially if they just need a turn. in my experience, cat tracks are the best in wear. alot would disagree but it is my opinion. it is worth a call especially if you are just changing tracks and sprockets. new cat is definately expensive.

  35. #35HillBoy2009-10-03 16:12

    CAT, just like Bobcat, Gehl and the rest do not make tracks. They buy them from Bridgestone, McLaren, GoodYear or other quality track manufacturers and then resell them to their dealers. This is how OEMs work on their tracks and tires.

  36. #36VKconstruction2009-12-14 17:14

    Has anyone found a good ASV replacement track? I've spent countless hours trying to find a non-OEM track supplier that isn't garbage. Most track suppliers just won't/can't make ASV tracks, especially for my older 4520HD model.

  37. #37Daphne2009-12-15 02:42

    It is hard to say which one is good. But to be frank, I haven't heard of V-track before, and still can't clear about this after I doing some searching. As you talk about the rubber tracks, maybe I could give you some advice, for I deal with with them in China. I know some brand, maybe American brand, british brand, etc they import rubber tracks from China with their brand. And most Korea or Japan rubber tracks are make in China. They import rubber tracks from China at a low price and resale them another places.