I have been looking for track chains for my D7. Seems that CR5574/43 is the correct part. So far, CAT has been thee best price. Am I just not finding the correct aftermarket parts and sellers? Who do y'all use? CAT came in at $4900 per side
I have obtained a lot of undercarriage parts from Ryan Hutto with Track Hut. He is pretty good with aftermarket stuff.
The track chains are going to be the cheap part of a undercarriage rebuild. Bob
Pads are great, sprockets ok, no leaks in bogies ... waiting for the CAT UC inspection now. Just trying to get my ducks in a row. I know I need chains.
I don't know near as much about steel undercarriages than a lot of these guys, but I learned the hard way with rubber, replace the sprockets with the tracks. The half worn out sprockets wear the tracks much more rapidly, as the track bars slide on the sprockets. Once the tracks have run on the worn sprockets for awhile, you put new ones on, and they tracks will shred the sprockets in short order. Like 100 hour order. I am pretty sure the same will happen with steel tracks, which is why I am doing the sprockets with the chains on my excavator.
I do plan to do the sprockets as well, they are cheap, relatively speaking
Aftermarket undercarriage parts have skyrocketed since Covid. I hear the freight costs across the country is 5 times what it was 2 years ago.
You might try these people. I worked with the owner when he got started trying to sell equipment. This isn't an endorsement. Let me know what they say. https://www.tracksnteeth.com/?utm_c...bing&msclkid=23a54d3d02ff125f870a2f60ba5efe44
You could check with Trek/DCF.
Or ITR