I have two machines 72 Case 450 dozer and a 53 Allis Chalmer HD5 loader. Question is : Would hot water psi washing cause any concerns with track pins ,bushings and rollers on these two machines ?
Power wash away born2ride ! Just don't point the direct stream on the computer or GPS control . Those are both nice machines .
Can always disconnect your battery first just in case you hit something electrical
Thank you , Allis is my Favorite I had her a long time now! Lmao computer!!! Allis Chalmer really needs some stripping and paint, Runs good with plenty of power . Came with all the tin !, Undercarriage was close to 100% when i received it! This was last month i think!
Nice looking early series machine, has decent rails and shoes still. Old Detroits are hard to kill off!
Looks & sounds good born2ride ! Beautiful horses ! We put in a " feed pad " for a customer that has horses few years ago . Over dug it buy 15 inches & laid down geo cloth . Back filled with # 53 stone . Everyone is high & dry now .
I think it's more a problem of getting moisture into the connections or computer and causing a bad connection and/or corrosion. . Disconnecting the battery doesn't prevent it.
As far as washing the rails should not be a problem. As to the trucks now is where you could have issues. The recoil spring on the Allis is encased in a oil filled housing, the seals are not the best and bad for taking on general moisture, the idler seals are similar as they are designed to keep stuff in not so much out when under pressure. I shovel mine off with a sharpshooter shovel then rinse down with a garden hose if going to work on it.
Thanks !its my favorite machine ! I wish I had more time to repaint and fix up better! track have loosened up more since i have owned it ,noticed that when I was looking pictures!! I just put 40 loads of shale though that mud pit over summer! The mud is like concrete when dry here, I did not know the recoil housing is filled with oil, I figured as much with idler , The tracks and pin area was bad after all the mud. I have been hesitate to adjust the tracks! As the area is pure rust!
When you get a chance take a sharpshooter to the truck debris and get down to where you can clean off the plugs. I bought a cheap suction gun at a farm supply reached in and sucked out the water laying under the oil in mine then refilled them, should be in the service manual as to what yours takes but almost any oil will do.