Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Track cleats

LWG ยท 2011-09-15 14:06

Following up on a recent thread about CTLs and traction on snow, I came across, or was directed to the following: http://www.skidsteersolutions.com/Skid_Steer_Track_Loader_Terra_Bites_p/tb-12.htm I called about the availability and was told they are not and will not be available, and that the item will be removed from the website. I was wondering about the idea. Frankly, I don't have any problem with mud unless it's so wet that I sink in far enough to belly out. Snow is the problem, and it seemed like this would be a good solution. Has anyone ever seen anything else like this? Has anyone used, or known anyone who has used, a product like this?

Replies1
  1. #1xcmark2011-09-15 17:40

    I think with a rubber track machine the screw in carbide tip set up is about the best we can get. Turning is what I found to be the biggest problem . If there is any snow under the track its fine , its ondly after its been scraped clear is it slick! My advice to anyone in the market to buy a machine is stay with a tire machine and rear chains only for mostly snow use. If your looking to move a lot of dirt then the track machine is king , but it will come at a much higher operating cost.