Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Track fell off machine [Solid rubber, no pins]

Thomas C O'Halloran · 2019-10-26 00:36

**Urgent** need fixed tomorrow This 216b has solid rubber tracks (no pins), the right side track fell off. How do I get this track back on? Raise the machine and let the air out of the tires? I'm stumped can't find anything online. Again, these are one solid piece. Any and all info would help. Thanks.

Replies12
  1. #1Mother Deuce2019-10-26 06:05

    deleted

  2. #2Thomas C O'Halloran2019-10-26 09:11

    What?

  3. #3ianjoub2019-10-26 10:35

    https://www.google.com/search?sourc...j0i22i10i30j33i22i29i30j0i8i13i30.NoSlfleC6mk

  4. #4Mother Deuce2019-10-26 11:13

    Disregard that I thought I had a possible solution for you. It was not.

  5. #5GregsHD2019-10-26 12:41

    I have no experience with these tracks but if they have no pin I would block the machine up off the ground, remove one wheel, get the track in place then carefully jack between the tires to be able align with studs and install wheel nuts? Depends how much tension there is as to how dangerous that could be!

  6. #6seville0092019-10-26 17:01

    you sure there aren’t pin holes - maybe just filled with dirt so hard to see? looks like you have more tread on the tires than the treads

  7. #7Thomas C O'Halloran2019-10-26 17:23

    Yes, no pins. I double checked.

  8. #8seville0092019-10-26 17:56

    if you’re able to find a manufacturer name or other identification on the tracks, google it and maybe something will come up showing the solution

  9. #9Tags2019-10-26 18:07

    I'm not sure how you do it without pins.....I found this, but I don't think it'll help....

  10. #10Mother Deuce2019-10-26 22:30

    Just a swinging guess but... With the machine safely blocked up, it seems you could air down both tires and remove one wheel and tire. Pull the loose wheel and tire out of the track and take the track off. Slip the new track over the mounted wheel and tire, put the other wheel inside the track. Bolt the wheel to the hub and inflate both tires to tension the track.. it has to be something like that... Or getting a pair of the master link style tracks.

  11. #11Ronsii2019-10-27 00:47

    Well if it just fell off then you're in trouble but..... if it drove out of them then you ought to be able to drive back into them.... I do it on rubber tracked excavators... sometimes it won't work but usually I can get back in.. might involve the use of several pieces of metal pipe. Other then that I'd go with pulling a tire off.... from what I remember that's how the first OTT ones were usually done.

  12. #12DIYDAVE2019-10-27 07:12

    Or do all of the above, AND back off the chain tension, on the affected side. After track is installed, first adjust the chain tension, to spec, then inflate tires...