Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

track loader quiz

barklee ยท 2010-01-25 22:12

Do they make a 6 way blade for a track loader? Reason i ask is i have been thinking of buying a dozer but i am affraid i wont use it enough. I thought if they did make one maybe the loader would be the way to go

Replies4
  1. #1tonka2010-01-25 22:15

    Um i'm not sure loader arms will take the wear and tear as well as a dozer. I have never seen one but that doesn't mean they don't exist...

  2. #2qball2010-01-25 22:25

    yes they do. i don't know why, but there were pic's posted here of a 953 or 63 with a six way.

  3. #3icestationzebra2010-01-25 22:28

    I think the Takeuchi/Gehl/Mustang design has the most meat in the chassis and arms. (When pushing hard try to keep the arms all the way down. There is a set of brackets on the front of the frame that take some of the load off of the main pivots.) Them and ASV are the only designs with a dedicated track loader frame, not a modified skid steer. ISZ

  4. #4tdozer2010-01-28 19:04

    Right here. HeavyEquipmentForums