Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

track renewal

joispoi ยท 2008-12-29 14:21

The idlers are getting pretty far forward on the PC300. I've never replaced tracks before and I'm hoping some of you guys can help me out. I know that buying new chains is an option, but how big of a pain is it to turn the pins and bushings? Anybody have experience with this? Anybody have pictures? Thanks- Joi

Replies1
  1. #1cps2008-12-29 15:20

    Hi there Joispoi like you said buying new chains is an option, and so is turning the pins and bushes, but this is not an easy job as you need a track pin press. if there is a spelasist track repair firm near you, you can take the tracks to them and normally they will do it quickly some times next day! they would have both chains done before you would have 5 links done even with the right tools!! hope this helps