I have a D6C, 76A5577. The bolts for the cap on the track frame broke. I have a new cap and bearings to install. The frame is misaligned with the bevel gear housing. Is there a trick to align the frame with the shaft on the bevel gear housing?
Just put a jack under the arm and jack it into position
Loosen the track tension. Make sure equalizer bar is in perch in correct alignment. Use a big pry bar or, com-along, or another machine to move the front or idler end of frame in alignment. And what Dave above says, if it is needed. And hope dead axle is not bent bad?
Okay, moving the front end of the frame makes sense. Thanks
Not got time to do one now. But here is one I just did five hours ago. The jack lifted it straight back into position.
Nice jack
Love the air over hydraulic jacks, with spring return. Wish I had one. The OP’s shaft looks tweaked pretty good. Could be the camera angle though.
I am only new to these jacks and to be honest they are fantastic to use. I also think they are dirt cheap for what you get. Probably like most cheaper chinese stuff they will not last if you are using them every day all day, but for jacking up heavy stuff I think they are great, especially as I get older. This one is an 18 tonne one.