I need to split the track on my 953 and would appreciate any tips on getting the gator type link apart. The bolts are rounded of course. I tried one by heating it up with the acet. torch and driving a 22 mm socket on it. No go with the impact yet, and I dont want to snap it off. Thanks
heat the side of the alligator that is threaded and it will take a 3/4 impact wrench
Good luck i have run into these where the customer installed the bolts with a one inch impact most are fine thread bolts, the bolts would have thread damage. and seize up. Heating the sides of the claw is about as good an ideal as there is. To save a claw i have at times drilled a hole 3/8 in center of bolt fill it up with weld to shrink the bolt to get it out not fun. Of course, i was not 76 years when it did this. I always used Never-seize on bolt threads. And used torque turn method and cross torqued to factory specs. With 3/4 drive torque wrench never had one come loose.
I ended up heating the alligator link, then quickly dosing the bolt head with water. The bolt shrinkage and hot link was just enough to get all of them out.
Glad you were successful on removing the bolts. Thanks for posting the results!