I'm working on a Fiat Allis FD20 dozer that got submerged in salt water a few years back and it's pretty rusty all over. The operator's manual instructs me to pump grease to stretch the tracks and shows me where. But it ain't working! I removed the grease receptacle and made sure it is taking grease and it is not clogged. I removed the cover and have been saturating the whole carrier mechanism with PB Blaster penetrating solvent for 3 days now and I've whacked on the housing to loosen the rust and I'm getting nowhere. Anybody got any experienced ideas?
Sounds like the seals in the recoil spring assembllyy are gone, especially if it has been siting in salt.
I had a badly rusted stuck track adjuster I wrote about in this thread . Might be something there that helps. They are no fun to deal with.
If it is frozen you will need to connect a porta-power where the grease fitting screws in and try to pump it out. It it still will not move you will need to put some heat on it. Don't put too much heat to where you melt the seals. Good luck