Hi dear all! I request your advices regarding the track system of heavy equipment (backhoe loader for example). I would like to know the formula to use in order to estimate the percentage travel a machine should not exceed to preserve its tracks. I suppose it is a ratio between hour and travel but could not remember the formula exactly. If there is any methods technicians, who used to work on komatsu equipment for example please let me know if you have a clue. Thanks in advance!
There is no ratio of working time to tracking time. Undercarriage life is dependent on total distance traveled, type of material it is working in, the quality of the components used in the undercarriage and the skill of the operator.
I think you are talking about percent overrun of the front tires versus the back tires in a four wheel drive machine. (I have never seen a backhoe with tracks.) I think the typical ration is 3-6% give or take. This allows the machine to turn tighter instead of "pushing" through the turns.