Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

track tensioner leaking

yeahyo ยท 2015-08-05 12:27

hi I have an older ex200-1. the grease track tensioner is leaking out the end by the idler wheel. just wondering if this is a seal leaking on the end. I tension the track and it leaks the grease out in not much time. is there a grease seal on the end I can change and how to go about doing it. thanks

Replies11
  1. #1yeahyo2015-08-06 12:00

    is it bolted on or does the cylinder have to be remove

  2. #2John C.2015-08-06 21:50

    The track has to be split and the idler pulled out the end of the track frame for access to the cylinder. Once you get it out it should be kind of self explanatory as to how it works and what you will need to do to repair it.

  3. #3yeahyo2015-08-07 08:42

    Not to be rude but that is super obvious. I was just wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks. I'm away for a while so o can't work on it and I wanted some ideas. Thanks alot

  4. #4John C.2015-08-08 01:27

    Nothing tricky about it. Just takes some work.

  5. #5Garrie Denny2015-08-08 04:41

    What is obvious is you need to go to bed and the tip-trick sleep fairy will sort it out for you,just 1 idea.

  6. #6brianbulldozer2015-08-08 09:18

    If I am not mistaken, the track adjuster is inside the spring. Thought somebody should say something about safely caging the spring, but since I have yet to take one apart, I don't know if the spring runs out of tension before the nut comes off the end or not. Somebody want to shed some light on this?

  7. #7yeahyo2015-08-08 09:38

    Ok thanks guys.ill let you know ho.w it goes. Especially Carrie. He's seems like he's a helpful and knowledgeable person

  8. #8yeahyo2015-08-08 21:09

    split the track. pulled the idler back and the front cover of the adjuster. there is no seal behind it. are they in the cylinder? just wondering if knows has anything about them. thanks

  9. #9Garrie Denny2015-08-09 03:11

    that's carrie with G.

  10. #10yeahyo2015-08-09 10:47

    ok lol. is there just an oring behind the front cover. dosn't look like a seal fits behind it.

  11. #11yeahyo2015-08-09 11:11

    found a parts diagram and that's what it looks like. just an o-ring. anyone know what kind of oil the pump gearbox takes? thanks