The track walked off today. I took the bolt with the zerk fitting completely out. Pushed the idler in with the smaller machine. Put the track back on. Put the bolt back in. Then when I tried to pump grease back in it kept squirting out a separate smaller hole on the bottom of the piston? Does anyone know what this other hole is? Is it supposed to have a bolt in it? 2003 Volvo ec210blc Cv11360 Thanks
My guess is that's where the grease is supposed to bleed off when you loosen the valve. Take the valve back out, clean the hole out good and make sure there is nothing in there blocking the valve's tapered tip from seating in the grease passage. It's also possible the tapered cone tip came off the valve?
View attachment 210B track Adjuster.pdf Good day 03 210B Please see illustration it may help. Kind regards Uffex
Nice picture
Thanks lantraxco and uffex Yes the tapered cone tip is missing from my valve, probably came out in the pile of grease. The illustration helped a lot.
Normally You never have to take the Bolt all the way out ….. Usually just back it out a few turns and the passage will find its self to bleed off …..
Then it's likely the check ball and spring are also long gone, hopefully you can get a new one easily. CAT or Komatsu might have one close enough to work.
Yes Definitely my mistake. That was my first track off, on the job, by myself experience. I couldn't get grease to come out till I took the bolt out. I'm sure the ball n spring are gone too. In the illustration from uffex, is that a bolt or a plug in the small hole?
Brown area is the grease passage. There's supposed to be a bolt in another spot that holds a safety bar on that fits in the slot of the grease valve, they're usually discarded by the first mechanic or owner that get's there.
OK, Fine...I'm Guilty! And always wipe the nipple of the zerk clean before you connect the grease pump to it, that high pressure check valve doesn't particularly like dirt.
LOL, me too Willie!