Yair . . . Any comments on sprocket placement on those little rubber track jiggers? I notice the Takuechi's have the back of the track pretty much verticle which means the track comes off the back idler at a lesser angle than Cat, Deere, and so on . . . it also seems there should be more contact around the sprocket but of course the angle change is greater than the forward sprocket design's. I am just curious as to if there any difference in the real world . . . to my eye the extra wrap looks more logical. Cheers.
The simple answer is not really. A CAT engineer told me that more track wrap made things better than they would still be running all their undercarriages with 180 degrees like their D3/4/5s. He said about 80% of the force was always on two sprocket teeth regardless of how much track wraps around the sprocket. Wrapping more can only spread about 20% of the force over the remaining teeth and on high sprockets isn't much difference between all of them to make any real difference. Hope this helps.
It might put more teeth of the sprocket through the tracks,but i also think it puts more bend in the track because of the sharp angle thus causing the tracks to seperate faster because of stress on the internal steel cords making the 90 dergree angle over the sprocket.Where as the Deere Cat come over the sprocket at a more gradual angles less stress. Deere has a double flange idler where the teeth of the tracks run inside of the double flange idle,less chance to throw the tracks there and Cat also has updated to the double flange because of throwing of the tracks when making sharp,fast turns. The Tak has a noticed history of throwing tracks because the teeth on the tracks run on the outside of their single flange idle on the front and the back.Plus i think they have inbedded steel plates on the inside of the tracks where the rollers run on top of them.Thus the rougher ride and more wear to the rollers themselfs. Where Deere and Cat just uses the inside rubber of the tracks run on the steel rollers ,those smoother ride and hardly any to very little wear to the rollers.Steel rollers against rubber surface of tracks ,compared to the steel paded track running on seet rollers.Steel against steel have to mean more wear on the steel roller,plus rough ride.Thats some of my thought each his own.Good luck
Having three very HARD worked TL150's, I can assure you that track tossing or throwing is solely prevalent when running the craptastic OEM Bridgestone tracks. Two are at nearly 4500 hours (third one is arund 3500ish hours), and, outta of the three, I've changed two idlers (for shaft issues/ oil loss/ bearing failure), and one bottom roller (again, bearing failure). So, to say that Takeuchis have a track retention problem is WRONG, or unsubstantiated.
I have a Deere 332 ctl and can say I wish it had the steel track pads that the Taks have. Rocks and gravel tear the hell out of the inside of those rubber tracks. Sucks big time when a set of tracks have 50% wear left on them but the inside of the belt is so chunked out you can't use them anymore.
The Taks are the only tracked skidsteers built from the ground up to be a tracked skidsteers. All the other brands were modified from wheels to tracks. If you just put a Takeuchi idler next to a Bobcat or Case idler, you will be able to tell immediately that the Taks are a more heavy duty machine.
Actually ASV is also. I am not sure that really matters. The undercarriage from BC, CASE and most others maybe even TK is made by Berco. Probably the best built undercarriage available. I am not running down TK, I own a new one (excavator) but if you were asked to show a design issue with sharing a CTL and skid steer chassis that is evident or somehow degrades the CTL in any way, I would like to be aware of it. The machines that share a chassis have way more market share than does a dedicated one. I know it sounds good, great talking point, but at the end of the day it doesn't mean anything. TK machines are well built (been an owner since 03) but it has nothing to do with having a dedicated or shared chassis.
The Gehl/Mustangs are also built from the ground up to be a CTL. So are the Kubotas.
I forgot to add that since switching to ITR tracks (from the craptastic Bridgestone OEMs), I've never had another tossed track, even when a front idler was half worn thru the idler shaft.
Yes, sorry, i take that back. Forgot about the Kubota's. ops Gehl/Mustangs are made by Takeuchi also so are the same machine.
No, not any more.