Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Traction control

Old Doug ยท 2024-06-10 12:56

2009 t800 when this truck spins a tire the brakes come on. I think it has a bad wheel speed sensor? Can the abs fuse be removed will it disable the traction control?

Replies9
  1. #1Old Doug2024-06-10 18:42

    The driver pulled onto the highway at a place were it was very uneven and lost traction he said the traction control came on and tried to put on the brakes? Today i jacked up the left front drive tires put it in low and they spun . I jacked up the right front drives let the clutch out and the TC light came on and it let out a burst of air from some were every few seconds. I jacked up the 2 back corners one at a time and the light came on and i heard air burst out every so often . I removed the truck or cab abs fuse and let on set spin and the light didnt come on or i didnt hear air come from anything. I have a wheel speed sensor coming for the left front drive side .

  2. #2Truck Shop2024-06-10 18:49

    Traction control is operated through the ABS. it's suppose to work that way.

  3. #3Old Doug2024-06-10 19:56

    Is it ok to pull the fuse and drive it ?

  4. #4terex herder2024-06-10 20:24

    The only brake that is supposed to come on is the one that is spinning faster than vehicle speed. It does sound like something is wrong with the left front driver. Could also be the brake control valve. Are there any codes? If wheel speed sensor is bad should set a code.

  5. #5Old Doug2024-06-11 07:26

    They talked to a guy and he was going to come buy and see if there was any codes but it hasnt happened yet. I think i will replace the sensor in the left front and try it on a out back on a hill. The driver is a good driver and he was really worried about what it did . He was trying to get on the highway at a bad blind intersection .

  6. #6terex herder2024-06-11 07:32

    I don't know about KW, but I know you have always been able to pull Freightliner codes without tools.

  7. #7Old Doug2024-06-11 08:09

    I need to look and will when i get to work. I know one of the other KWs you can but i think its newer? I sometimes run in circles around a problem and dont see what is in the middle of that circle .

  8. #8Old Doug2024-06-11 11:09

    It does a screen and it doesn't show any problems.

  9. #9Old Doug2024-06-18 17:30

    Can i pull the abs fuse and drive it without it? Will that disable the traction control? I dont have a lot of spare time or i would experiment.